Chapter Twenty-Two

10 Days Left Until The Ball

Ruby woke up, realizing that Prince Yoongi had already left the kingdom early this morning. "Good morning, Princess! Don't worry about Prince Yoongi, he had already left, but I'm sure he'll come back before the ball." Chip was right, Ruby should cheer up, Prince Yoongi isn't the only prince she will be choosing.

"You're right, I must head to Practice Hall and practice with all I got. There are only ten days left till the ball!" Ruby gets out of bed and had the maids help her get dressed before sitting down in the main dining hall to eat breakfast.

Chip waited for Ruby to finish breakfast before the two headed out. "I have a sense that there's a prince waiting for you at Practice Hall," Chip says as she sniffs. "How can you tell by just sniffing?" Ruby asked as she watched Chip continuing sniffing while they're walking to Practice Hall. Chip was never wrong, she knows her nose is always correct.

It's a special skill for her whenever she's with the real princess. Princess Ruby tends to run around and gets lost so Chip is always there with her nose ready when it comes to dangerous situations. "This prince's scent is quite a pleasing smell, smells like-" before she can even finish her sentence, they both entered inside to uncover the mystery prince Chip kept on sniffing.

"Hello, Princess Ruby! I was hoping you'd be coming here." "Flowery," Chip mumbles as they both see Prince Namjoon stood up from the chair he was sitting in and walked up to them with a wide grin plastered on his face.

"About yesterday, I'm just grateful that we were able to be partners for the dance contest, and to celebrate our victory, I wanted to give you this hairpin." Prince Namjoon holds a green-rhinestone lily hairpiece in his hand, a gift of appreciation for Ruby. She thought it was beautiful and how mindful he was thinking about her, but it was the exact opposite of what she thought.

"This hairpiece is quite unique, exactly the same one, my sister, Kate has. These were often sold in my kingdom, but I'm very happy they also sell them here. You remind me so much of my sister, just imagine us together in the future, I mean if you pick me, it would be like me marrying my sister," he laughs at his terrible joke.

Ruby felt furious at his comment, the way he expressed more about his sister rather than Ruby. The chip can read the angry expression on Ruby's face and tries to calm her down, resulting in her taking a deep breath to calmer nerves down and outs on a gentle smile, softly pushing his hand away with the hairpiece in his hand.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to decline your gift. A simple 'thank you is enough." Chip nods in agreement, thinking she did the right thing. Prince Namjoon becomes unhappy with her response, but he comprehends her reasons. "I see. Is it because you don't like it? I don't mind trading to a different one, I just thought this one was perfect since it reminded me of my sister-" Again, Ruby is annoyed that he mentions his sister once again.

"See, that's what I mean. You're always talking about your sister. Kate this and Kate that, I get it, you care about her. She sounds sweet, but she's in your mind every day. Your kingdom is looking up to you to find a bride, a bride who's different than your sister. I am not like her. Do I always remind you of your sister every time we see each other? I don't want you thinking of me as your sister, I want you to remember me as myself. Princess Ruby Royalty, remember that! Even if choose you or not. Your sister is probably sweet and loyal, but I am far different than her." Ruby huffs out of frustration, Prince Namjoon flinched every word she spits.

"I-I sorry, I never thought how you felt. I don't blame you, I was so stupid for doing such disrespectful behavior. I know you won't forgive me easily, so I must go and give you space. I apologize once again." Prince Namjoon bows down, his face halfway close to the floor, and leaves Practice Hall. "Princess, how are you feeling?" Chip worriedly asked, thinking Ruby should take a break and go outside for some air.