Chapter Forty - Two 🟢

"You have improved," Balthamos said.

Cora lost sense of form whenever she was in here. Balthamos has been helpful to her. He taught her about the powers she had now. He said the gods blessed her to save her people. She was yet to understand the truth of it.

"I have no people," Cora had replied.

Balthamos had said nothing after that, but saying she has improved made her feel pleased with herself. If she could control herself, she would go back to the prince and help him in his plans.

The news of prince Zachary's return reached the temple. It hurt Cora so much that she would have to be in here. She only visited the castle to ask about her brother's welfare from Captain Kaden. He informed her of the day chosen for the games. Cora decided she would go back on that day. She had to be there for her brother.

"Remember to control your emotions. Until you are sixteen, your powers are unpredictable. I cannot tell the extent of what you can do."

"Why is that?" Cora asked.

"Do you know how a Druid is born?" Balthamos asked instead.

"The books say little about the Druids, only about their lands."

"A Druid can be born when two Druid breed. Where a Druid breed with a human there is uncertainty. The child might either a Druid or something else. Even if the child is human, the blood of the druids runs in their veins. They would become sorcerers, and future druids."

"So sorcerers are from the Druid?"

"Of course. But some Druid has no previous blood ties to the old Druids. They are human blessed by the gods. Like you and the one that serves the queen. Although I have no memories of the time, I used to be human."

"So then a Druid can be born in any household and in any Kingdom."

"The second a Druid comes to know of their power, they are drawn away way from their family to Dabrack. That place holds all the answers I cannot give you. One day you would have to seek it out."

"My brother is on his way there. I have prayed every day for his safe return."

"The gods hear you, child. Your brother will return to you, but you must go home."

"I don't understand."

"Dabrack hold answers because it is the home of the druids. You need answers and you have a home where you grew up in. Go home and you will find some answers."

"Why do you sound like you're going somewhere?"

"Fear not child," Balthamos said.

How voice sounded distant even though he was seated before her.

"I must leave you now, but I am always with you." He whispered.

Balthamos disappeared, causing Cora to panic. He vanished like he would in her dreams. She wondered if he ever was really here. When he held her hand, he felt real, and when he taught her chants and spells, he felt real. Where had he gone? Why was everyone leaving her to herself?

Cora remembered what happened at the temple, pleading in her mind that Balthamos appears and tells her what to do. Her mind was in panic and no matter how much she wished it away, nothing changed the fact that Zach was in her room, along with Devka and Turk.

Devka used the servants' entrance to her room and Zach forced his way inside. How did she let this happen? She cried from the pain of what was happening to her and the pain of getting caught. Balthamos told her to control her emotions, how could she do that when she wasn't sure what she was feeling at the moment.