Chapter Thirty - Five.🟢

It must have been over an hour now since the Court session was called. Artemis had rarely made an appearance of late for she trusted King Icarus had everything in control. This was something that affected all of them, especially her.

Until this very moment, she never knew she even cared what became of him. Artemis had been too scorned to care after he spoke to her that way all those years ago. She had made that decision as the Queen of Bolivia and not her son's mother and seeing how he turned out; she did not regret it.

Dominica had once made an issue of her asking about his exile, but she still deemed it unnecessary. It was like her powers. There was no story telling about how she was blessed with them, she just had them.

She muttered a spell, adding speed to the horses as she clutched the scroll in her hand until it bent in her palm. That still could not contain the rage that was building within her. King Icarus had promised her, he gave his word he would find him and kill him. She wished she had taken care of it herself no matter the cost, but it was too late for that now. They had her son, her Prince.

Artemis hated to admit it, but the fact that she bore a son for the King gave her more power in court, the same one she rarely used. She knew Grathos would use Prince Zachary against her, so she searched her mind for ways she could get the prince back without having to give in.

"Do not let this cloud your vision, my Queen. Your mind must be clear for the angry Lions that await you in court." Dominica said.

Dominica spoke without looking at the Queen. She knew she was heard, for Artemis took a deep breath and the carriage stopped. They were here. It had taken a while of riding because the boy's camp was a journey from the Palace. Artemis opened her carriage herself, using the wind as her anchor before the soldiers could reach her door. She walked right in to the building of the King's court Dominica and two of her personal security with her.

General Datil met with her at the entrance and bowed to her while the other Soldiers stood at attention. Artemis gave the decimated scroll to him. She knew he had been the one to send for her on the training grounds.

The oak doors opened for the Queen and she walked in with Dominica and General Datil. The court froze in their agreement and they all rose to welcome Queen Artemis. Almost everyone was present from what she saw. She knew this session was not planned, so how had everyone, even the prefects, made it on such short notice. Perhaps they had not returned from the last session.

The most shocking of them was her daughter, Sophia. When the King had said she would also handle court matters, she had thought the girl would refuse. She had her eyes locked on the King as she made her way to the throne. Her appearance surprised King Icarus. He knew she would find out either way and she would be worried.

"Do not mind me continue." the Queen said.

The court still did not nothing until she was seated. General Datil remained below the throne, but Dominica stood next to her mistress.

"Your Majesty," Lord Tolon spoke first. "We are deliberating what we must do to save the Prince from the Revolution."

"Send Fleet!" someone yelled in the crowd before Lord Tolon could finish.

"We do not have enough!"

"So we let our Prince die!"

"Why was he not protected in the first place!"

"Koyores deserves to explain!"

Queen Artemis looked to where the Prefects sat arguing among themselves. The Prefect of Koyores and the new governor of Neria were absent, but that was not all. Lord Walius was missing as well.