Chapter Thirty - One.🟢

The gods were with her as she woke. She could feel it. Perhaps they heard her prayer the night before. Trying not to think of her dream, she push her mind to focus on one major task, finding the Prince.

Of course, she had to go to work first. She climbed down from the bed to find two women hunched over a wooden table and Devka muttering instructions. She had been moved to stay with Turk, but she rarely saw him, for he was out with the Prince on most occasions. In truth, she preferred it here.

"Oh!" Devka exclaimed. "My lady rises."

"I do not know how many times I have to tell you Devka, I am no lady."

"Of course." She muttered under her breath.

"Now to your schedule for the day we do not want to keep the wisest man in the Kingdom waiting."

"Devka?" Cora asked, trying to stay still while the women cleaned her body with a wet cloth. "Is it possible for me to meet the Prince today?"

Devka dropped the hairbrush she was picking up at Cora's question. She thought the girl wanted noting to do with the Prince but the look she gave her said other wise.

"If I may ask my lady, why the change of heart?"

"Devka, I think I am learning to trust him again. He might be my only ally. I cannot leave here without his help."

"Oh,"

Devka cleared her throat and picked up the hairbrush. She wanted to squeal like a little girl, but she had to control herself.

"The Prince has many duties. If you want to meet the Prince, perhaps if you request it, then I shall try my best."

"In that case Devka I wish for you to make the arrangements." Cora replied with all excitement, smiling at her reflection.

Devka came to the Palace library later in the day to inform her that her meeting with the Prince was set for a little after lunchtime. That added a little light to her day. Lord Bathias had a lot of court records to write out that he did not have time to teach her anything. She noticed he kept the stories to the minimum because he assumed she was still in mourning.

Cora could not deny that she was mourning, but she needed to feel any excitement in her life. The life style Captain Kaden and the Prince have planned for her will not get her out of the state she was in which is why she must meet with the Prince today.

Cora assisted Lord Bathias to arrange the records for his next court sessions. She planned on taking a peek at some documents, but since hearing Devka's message, her thoughts were all over the place. Cora planned to honour her father by doing things that would make him proud of her in death and her father would not be proud of the cowardly lifestyle she was living presently. She had to do something about it, especially about her dreams.

Barun had warned her not to tell anyone, but perhaps Lord Bathais would know what they mean. He was the wisest man in the Kingdom. She shook her head; she had to find the man in her dreams. That is what she must do.

"Is something the matter, child?" Lord Bathias asked, peering at her through the specks of the small round glasses that perched the bridge of his nose. He wore them when he did important work like these.

"No, sir." She said.

She quickly returned to her duties.

"Perhaps you need to be somewhere then." He said.

Lord Bathias took a sip of his tea she had made earlier. She looked out the window to see it was just time for her to go meet the Prince.

"How did you know?" she asked, her face flushed.