Prologue.🟢

She stared at the castle gates from the window. The Nobles were already seated. She sighed, feeling odd about today's event. This was not the first time she attended it, so why was she so nervous. Dark clouds gathered though the sun was bright, a storm was coming, she could already feel it.

The soldiers yelled, keeping the citizens in line. People from all over the kingdom, even neighbouring kingdoms, will be here. She didn't understand why a kingdom as mighty as Trevillia would attach such importance to an event like this. It was old-fashioned and outdated, but she couldn't just throw it away. She needed support from the King's court, else she'll be seen as a vicious Queen. She didn't want that.

In the eyes of the people, she was an innocent girl who came to live in the castle and eventually became their queen. She couldn't hurt a fly, they thought. She felt the urge to laugh at their foolishness. The sound of footsteps disrupted her thoughts. She turned to the soldier who stood guard behind her. He knelt down and bowed.

"My Queen," he greeted.

She nodded and waved her hand.

"She is here." He added and stood up, bowing his head low.

"Let her come," she answered in a stern voice.

She resumed her view. More people trooped into the castle. The people of Trevilia are strong and good. Her people.

"Are you nervous about the festival, my Queen?" A voice asked.

The Queen did not turn; she knew that voice.

"The people love the festival Dominica. I can not take it away. It is one of the best way for them to forget their problems." The Queen answered.

Dominica came closer to the Queen till she stood behind her. She followed the queen's gaze to the gates.

"Then what bothers you, my Queen?" She whispered in her ear.

The Queen turned and glanced at her. Dominica bowed and took off the hood of her cloak, revealing her face. She had shoulder-length brown hair braided in one compare to the long golden hair of the queen. The queen's bright blue eyes met Dominica's grey ones.

"The priests of the gods shall return with a message from the gods. A Druid is among them. I feel uneasy about the message. I cannot tell what it is." The Queen said, her voice unshaken.

"I myself could not foresee it, my Queen. But do not worry, nothing can stop you," Dominica said. "The King and the Nobles await you," she added gesturing to the window.

The Queen turned back to the window. The King stood near a window just as she did. The gates were closed and all the nobles were seated. She exchanged a look with her husband and gave a courteous bow.

"Let us go," she said, turning to Dominica.

The soldiers lined up by the pavement as she locked arms with the king and they moved graciously down the stairs to the pavement. The throne had been brought out for this occasion. The Queen smiled at her subjects and loud cheers arose from the crowd.

"Your Highness and her Majesty! King Icarus and Queen Artemis!" A soldier announced.

The crowd went wild, screaming their lungs out and whistling. The nobles stood up in all their beautiful and expensive attire. The ladies fanned themselves gracefully, plastering fake smiles on their faces, but the Queen saw through all of it.

The Queen was dressed in the most beautiful dress. A blue flowing dress to match her blue eyes, designed with gold embroidery. Her crown sat comfortably on her head, the white gems gleaming in the sunlight. The King beside her enjoyed the cheers of his people.