Chapter Two.🟢

"Beneath the castle he lay, tired and yet so restless. He fears for the evil that shall befall the people of the gods. A great evil that has only one cure. The words of the gods shall bear fruit. Behold the chosen of the gods, behold her beauty, behold her wisdom, behold her..."

Her eyes flung open. She wouldn't dare say the last word, not unless she was forced.

She got up from the floor she had been kneeling, waiting for the gods to grant her request. Her goddess had possessed her spoken through her and she could remember it all. It was one of her gifts. Eight years has passed already, she did this same ritual every year hoping that the gods would listen to her.

Maybe the fool was right after all the gods have indeed chosen another. But why was she still drawn to serve the Queen. Her king had told her she would only serve the true Queen. When she looked at Artemis nothing changed the gods still favoured her but why choose another then.

Dominica sighed. She gave up on trying to understand the gods the moment she found out about her origin. As a child, she was not aware that she was a born Druid. She had powers greater than many sorcerers. After her training, she was drawn to Queen Artemis and had to obey. She could not refuse. Each Druids had a king or person they serve the moment they leave Dabrack.

Dabrack became her home when she was lost and confused. She was trained on how to use her power. She remembered how she suffered to find it. Dabrack only shows itself to those who deserve it and she had to fight to deserve it. She did not miss Dabrack so much; she had only spent a few years there but her king had always said when their work was done they will return.

Then she thought of him, he was assigned to no one; he chose no one but the gods and he was stronger, more powerful. He was never called back, but left to worry beneath the castle. She wondered if the King of Dabrack's words were true. If so, then it means his work is not yet complete .

She still hated the fact that there were others more powerful than she was, like the man her goddess spoke of. It has been eight years since she saw him last. Maybe with the Queen's permission she could pay him a visit.

"You did not finish." The Queen's voice said.

Dominica almost forgot she stood there as she watched the yearly rituals which she requested in other to find the chosen one and kill her quickly. Her head bent low in a bow. She still had her hood on. A part of her didn't want to take it off because she knew the Queen will read her like a book.

"What was the last word, Dominica? Say it." The Queen demanded. Dominica watched her face to see if she needed to know. The Queen had not aged a single day in eight years. It was one of the things she was blessed with. Dominica could not imagine any woman more beautiful.

The Queen kept her gaze locked on Dominica. She knew there was something else; something really important and she wanted to know it. She should know all she is Queen.

"Behold her power." Dominica proclaimed in a low tone.

She watched the Queen's expression. No one knew the Queen better than her. The Queen trusted her the most. The Queen did not look angry at this revelation. She actually smiled and move closer to Dominica while Dominica moved backwards slowly. She did not realise when how far back she went till her flesh met with the icy walls through her cloak.

The Queen kept the smile on her face; the smile broadened till her face looked like it could crack when hit with a hammer. Then she let it out. She laughed a loud hearty laugh. It sounded more like a cackle, but it was more than she had laughed in years. Dominica looked at her shocked, the Queen had never laughed like that. Her tensed body relaxed, watching her queen. What was so amusing about what she said? If the chosen has power, then she will contend with the queen.