Chapter Sixteen. 🟢

"My Queen," Dominica called, bowing her head low.

She stepped into the brightly lit room, but the Queen was as she left her the previous day. She sat on a huge cushion in her chambers, arms spread and her mind deep in thought.

Her clothes were changed and her hair was done differently, which meant the chambermaids had already arrived. The Queen had been in that mood as of late. She seemed to be in deep thought the same way she had been since Medris.

"What bothers you, my Queen?" Dominica asked, coming closer.

The Queen's gaze did not falter, Dominica went on one knee and bowed again. Her mind imagined what could be wrong, but she was careful what she thought. As a Druid, she could make the mistake of turning her imagination into reality, though that was when she was younger. Her powers were as strong as her mind.

Watching the Queen in distress made her wish she had the power to read minds, but that was not her gift. She hoped the Queen would survive this phase soon. She had seen a vision during her morning sacrifice to the gods today.

"The court shall assemble soon," Dominica said, still kneeling. "My Queen, you have not spoken."

"I had a dream Dominica," Queen Artemis spoke and stood up.

She strolled slowly to the huge windows nearest to her, putting one foot in front of the other as if counting her steps.

"I was rejected by my own court, they called me strange names like a traitor, witch and the sorts but when I looked to the King for aid he was not Icarus, he was strangely familiar, what does my dream mean?" she finished and turned to Dominica.

Dominica stood up and pulled down her hood.

"I too have been blessed with visions. One of them is of great importance to you ."

"What have you seen?" the Queen pressed. Dominica swept the room with her eyes to make sure no one else was present. Then she closed her eyes and let the memories of her vision fill her mind.

"My vision is far different from your dream, my Queen, but I am sure they bring the same message." Dominica started, and the queen walked back to the cushion and sat down. She arranged the ripples of her gown and placed both her hands on her lap.

Dominica walked towards the Queen and knelt down, taking the Queen's hand in hers. With her connection with the Queen, she could see exactly what was shown to Queen Artemis. That will make reading the meaning easy. A part of her already knew its meaning, but she had to be sure.

It would be mental of her to make assumptions at such a dire time. Dominica thanked the gods in her mind. They may have been given a new choice, but at least they kept to their promise of protecting their own. She expected they would request her to return to Dabrack, but that they kept her here was good fortune to the Queen. She opened her eyes, oblivious to how long she examined her mind. The look on the Queen's face showed she was getting impatient.

"The castle of Neria, who rules it?" Dominica asked, releasing the Queen's hand and standing up.

The Queen returned her attention to Dominica. Neria? Neria had a Governor instead of a Prefect, like other districts. She had been appointed the Governor a few years back. The Prefects entrusted with Neria always got too greedy and ended up stealing the treasures of the throne. The King mentioned he would like to attend the games in Neria. She sent General Datil on a mission in Neria now. He only awaited her signal. She was certain everything will go as she planned, but what is with this news of Neria?

"Lord Vald, he is the Governor. Did you see the Governor?" the Queen asked.

"No, far worse. The entire kingdom of Bolivia is in danger and even the Governor may not survive. In a vast hall, the sound of metal hitting metal. The seat of the Governor was empty, but I saw stairs-"