Chapter Twenty-eight. 🟢

She exceeded his imagination of her in the dress he arranged for her. He watched her as she climbed out of the carriage taking care to not slip on a stone. Why was it there anyway? He found himself getting angry at everything that threatens to hurt her.

She kept walking towards the door not recognizing his presence yet. He stood there at the corridor of the second floor of the west wing she stayed in waiting for her. She would get moved the next day to where Turk stays. His parents had given him a place close to him.

Cora felt something burn the top of her head, it was already dusk so there was no way it was the sun. The height of the castle she knew also acted as a shade from the sun. She looked up to the roof probably expecting to find a falling fireball but instead, she saw him. She felt his gaze on her even more than he trapped her in his vicious stares.

Cora forced herself to break away from his gaze and pushed her heavy now feet inside the open oak doors. He was the reason she was trapped here. He was the reason she could not be with her family at such a dire time. She knew he was waiting for her. He would not stop till she gave him a proper audience and Cora was sure he would not stop after. Well, she was going to let him have it.

Does he assume her log of wood that has no feelings?

She just lost a family member how could she grieve properly when she was alone, worse when she knew that her father may never find true peace with the gods until he was sent on? She wanted to yell all these things at him but she has to remind herself; he was not just Zach anymore he was the prince; the Prince of Trevillia. She sighed and pleaded with her thumping heart to calm the Jover down but it only increased its pace.

She climbed the stairs and was guided by Devka her handmaid to another room other than the one she slept in. She never did any exploration, so she followed dutifully knowing fully well it would lead to her granting him an audience. She was in his Palace did she have a choice?

Yes, she could always run. She shook the thought aside and increased her pace to reach Devka. Their destination turned out to be a huge dining hall meant for a Noble Royal family. She eyed the plates as they glittered in the bright gem light.

A tear almost slipped from her eyelid when she saw how perfect he looked seated there at the end of the table. This really was a life meant for him. How could she not see it before? How could she allow herself to be decided again after all she had to endure from her peers? He got up as he noticed Devka walk in with her following behind. He was fully dressed in his princely garb, up to the slim gold crown on his hair and head.

"Glad you made it on time," the Prince said, taking Cora's hand and kissing her knuckles.

Cora held in a sharp breath that would have shown how much that affected her. She did not say a word because at that moment everything she planned to say had evaporated as the smoke to the sky. Instead, she watched his every move. She watched as he nodded to Devka to leave them and she did, making Cora wished she stayed.

She did not fully trust the girl, but she did not want to be alone with Zach either... Oh it was Prince Zachary now.

Prince Zachary watched Cora as her eyes followed Devka to the door, as if begging her to stay, which meant she did not feel safe with him. He felt his heart tug him at the thought, but he pushed the negativity far away.

"Come, sit," he said, holding out a seat for her.

She sat down without saying a word or making a sound. That was odd. Cora would have a lot to say, especially seeing the various delicacies of food laid before them. He knew she loved it in the palace from how much she talked about it then, but her opinions seemed to change after her stay in the dungeon.