Chapter 27

Our clothes had dried up, while walking back to the cottage. There was a basket kept on the doorstep. I picked it up and carried it inside. There were fruits, vegetables and some meat packets with other essentials. 

"I'll have a shower first.", Ione picked an apple from the basket before walking away, "Do you want to join?", she asked with innocent eyes as she bit into the apple.

The offer was very tempting but, "Tempting but we will end up hungry or one us might end up being full."

"True.", she had a slight tint with a smirk.

"Maybe, we can use the jacuzzi later?"

"That will work too.", her voice floated from second floor.

I started making dinner humming to myself. Ione walked down after a while wearing only my t-shirt. 

"It looks better on you than it ever did on me."

"Okay, then I'm keeping it."

"As you wish, mistress."

We sat in comfortable silence as our food was simmering on the stove. The sounds of insects buzzing and the waves lapping were the only things that kept us company. 

"Are we leaving tomorrow?", I broke the silence.

"Yes."

"Early morning?"

"No, lets leave a little late."

"Okay, the food is ready."

We ate in silence occasionally stealing glances at each other. Ione kept zoning out thinking about something, I could figure it out when she toyed with her food, an old habit of hers. 

"What are you thinking about?"

"I'm wondering, if you came to look for me or was it fate that got back us together..."

I didn't know how to answer this as it was both the things.

"I would say both but I wanted to look for you."

"You could have stayed."

I wanted to but I was taken away-

"But, we can't change things now so lets not ponder over it.", she cut my thoughts.

"Okay."

"Go prepare the jacuzzi, I'll clean this up."

"Its okay-"

"Its better if we divide the work."

I take a quick shower and settle in the open bath and Ione joins soon after. She settles herself in between my legs and rests her head on my shoulder. 

"Have you tried sky gazing?"

"Nope."

"I'll tell you all the constellations me and daddy named."

I wrapped my arms around her as she started explaining different patterns and stories related to them. I saw different version of Ione in this trip, the mistress in her had rested and the child had come out again. I loved watching her this way.

We called it a night after star gazing for an hour or two. 

~Third Party Pov - Ione's office~

"Something is up.", Ione said to Hana while washing hands.

"What?"

"Something is going on, the market is very quiet."