Chapter 1

9 year old Ione

"Ione, its time for your music class.", the nanny called out to me from the door.

" I don't want to go.", I said without looking up, I may come out a brat but I don't like people who don't respect me.

"Why?", she asked in a distasteful tone.

"I'm busy with something.", I replied keeping my cool.

"The Master said you have to attend the class.", she continued pestering me.

"Daddy doesn't say that.", I said rolling my eyes to myself.

She puffed and slammed my door. I hated this nanny, how dare she talk to me that way? Ugh, I missed nanny Claudia, she was the best. I hoped for her to come back soon. Nanny Claudia was on a vacation therefore she was the replacement.

I was bored of playing with same old toys, the blonde Barbie's and soft toys. I wanted something new so it was time to request dad for a new toy. I rushed to daddy's bedroom but he was not there, so I decided to check the dining but he was not here either.

"Do you want something, My lady?", our cook asked

"No, Thank you.", I replied politely, as I said before I respected people who respect me back, it was one the traits I picked from daddy. I walked around the Mansion looking for daddy and ended up outside his study 5 minutes later. Daddy had two study rooms for different purposes, I decided to check the first which I found.

I opened the door but he was no where to be seen. I took a sip of water from the glass which was kept on his table, all the roaming around made me thirsty. I should carry a water bottle with me, I giggled to myself at the thought. Suddenly, I heard something, it was a voice. I kept the glass in its place and focused on listening. It was a women's voice, a very soft at that one as if it was muffled.

I followed the voice and it led me to a door beside the glass window. I opened the door as quietly as possible and peeked inside. The room was filled with red light and a women was lying on the table with a man standing at her feet. I didn't understand what they were doing but I saw daddy watching them intently from a throne like chair. He had a small smile on his face.

The sight didn't faze me much, I tip toed my way out of the room and took the glass of water with me while exiting the study. Daddy was a boss in a company and it was usual for him to punish people who do bad things. How do I know this?

I heard the gossip which went around among the maids and the servants. I'm a smart kid for my age because I was home schooled. I knew better than to trouble daddy while he was handling such things. I walked off to the Music room for my lesson.

I started learning the piano when I was four years old, my mom taught me a few songs before she died. Daddy loved listening to the music I played on the piano. After my mother died, daddy started home schooling me and let the house help's children attend the school with me. They were around my age so we had free subjects with right difficulty for the age groups.

They attended school with me so I don't feel lonely but they all hung out together so I just attended school with them and then spent the rest of my time on different hobbies. Daddy had promised me to send me to college anywhere in the world but till then I had to study at home. I loved learning new things especially about different countries.

"My lady, you played the wrong key. It goes like this", my teacher instructed which broke my day dream.

"Okay", I replied and started playing the tune again. We played the piano for about an hour and the class was dismissed.

"My lady, you have to get ready for a party which you'll attend with the Master", the maid informs me as soon I returned back to my room.

"Okay", I replied curtly.

Parties were a common thing with daddy,  I got to meet a lot of people like me. I picked the dress laid out on the bed and started getting ready. Matching heels and accessories were also laid beside the dress. The maid helped me with my hair and a little make up. I walked down the stairs and saw daddy waiting for me at the last step.

"Hello Princess.", he greeted me with a hug. "Ready?"

"Yes.", I smiled at him brightly.

Daddy smelt like cigar and musk always, it always felt like home. We walked out the Mansion hand in hand to the waiting  car. He held the door for me and helped me settle down before settling down on the other side, he was a complete gentleman. The ride was smooth with soft music to accompany us, it took us about 30 minutes to reach the venue. 

The party was at Tyler Mansion, so I'll be meeting my friends Sky and Katy. We were friends but not very close but whenever we met it was always fun. Sky was the son of my father's colleague, he was about 2 years older than me but we got along well. He had blonde brown hair and dark brown eyes.  Katy was the daughter of my father's partner in the company, she was my age so we got along like best friends. She was pretty but not as good as me, she had brown hair and warm hazel eyes which dazzled when she smiled.

Sky and Katy greeted me at the entrance with a hug and kiss on each cheek. That's how their parents had taught them so I just went along with them. 

"Come on, let me show you my new toys", Sky said dragging me away to his play area. 

"Your model collection is boring, Sky", Katy said looking visibly bored, "Are you even interested in them?"

I snickered in response.

"Leave the toys, let's go check out the pastries. They look delicious.", Katy said and I followed her silently to the dining room. I picked a couple of pastries to try but didn't like them much.

"Ione", daddy called for me and I went to him. He introduced me to his guests, they started admiring my dress and looks. He told me to go play after a while.

"What did they say?", Sky asked as soon as I went back.

"Nothing much.", I answered nonchalantly 

"They seem to be important guests", Katy said glancing in their direction.

"Yeah, father is with them from the time they arrived.", Sky added.

"Hmm, whatever I'm hungry. Lets grab dinner and watch a movie.", I said turning away. We put on Toy story the movie and had dinner while watching it on the big screen. It was almost after midnight when the movie ended and it was time to go home.

"Daddy...", I used my best convincing voice on the way back home, "I want a new toy"

"You have so many already", he said

"Yeah but I want something new, one I can talk and play with."

"Okay, I'll look into it.", he said 

Welcome to my world.

A/n:

Hello people, New story and new characters.

I don't know if you have read my previous stories but I hope this one will break through. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I'm writing this story for #NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. I'll update every 2-3 days, please stay tuned and love this story as much as possible.

Thank you for reading, vote and feel free to comment any typos or grammatical mistakes. Share this story if you enjoyed it. 

xoxo

Alex