Chapter 19

My phone chimed for a notification, it was almost time to log out of work so I opened my phone to check the message. Its from Ione saying,

"Make a special dinner for me."

I replied okay and started thinking about what to make. Many days had passed after that incident but we never talked about it. I saw her in the office some days and other days she's out. I didn't know her outside schedule. I completed my work and carried some files home to complete the rest of work. Hana and I drove back together.

"May I use the kitchen?", I asked the cook at home

"Sure.", he said, "what are you going to make?"

"I'm making dinner for the mistress, do you know anything about her favorites?"

"She likes Japanese food and about traditional she eats that too.", the cook said after a thought.

"Okay, thank you.", I remembered she liked what I got from home, so I decided make something similar. I started preparing the dinner and it took me about an hour to complete the whole thing. I dished it out and waited for her to come. An hour passed by but there was still no sign of her, I wanted to message her but I was scared so I kept waiting.

"When will mistress come?", I asked the maid in the kitchen as they start cleaning up before going back to their quarters.

"I'm not sure, mistress comes late sometimes and just has a fruit before sleeping."

"Oh, does she have dinner outside?"

"I don't know.", she shrugged.

"Do you know anyone named Emily Cartz?"

"Yes, she is our head and Master's assistant."

"But I didn't see her in the house."

"She is master's right hand, she is usually busy with errands."

"Thank you."

"I can wait with you if you want.", she suggested.

"Thank you"

I continued waiting on the dining table while talking with the maid. She said he has worked here for 10 years now and Ione was always this cold. We talked for a while and I told her leave as it was getting too late. I sat thinking about how Ione changed  over 11 years, she seemed cold and distant now. She was professional with work and her personal life was private. I can't seem to understand her feelings, I wanted to talk to her about the incident but on the second I was worried that she'll get angry if I talk about it. I searched about being a sub and the information scared me but for Ione I was ready to try it. She didn't hurt me that day so I think I'll be fine.

Someone rapped sharply on the table and I woke up with a start. I looked up rubbing my eyes and saw Ione glaring at me.

"Why are you sleeping here?", she asked

"I had made dinner for you and fell asleep while waiting.", I said sheepishly.

"oh, serve the dinner, please."

"Yes."

She looked tired after the whole day's work, her hands were bandaged and it looked like she will fall asleep as soon as she hits the bed.

"Are you okay?", I asked placing the plates in front of us.

"Yes, why?"

"You look tired."

"I'm tired", she admitted looking down at the food trying to understand what it is.

"Why didn't you have dinner?"