Chapter 23

"Kit!", Ione's voice came from a distance, "Kit!"

I wanted to shout back that I'm here but my throat felt too dry and only my lips moved. 

"Why did you leave me alone?", her voice sounded like she is about to cry.

"No, I'm here.", I wanted to shout back but only my lips moved in answer.

"Its okay, you don't need to come back anymore.", she sniffled a sob, "Have a happily forev- ahh"

She shouted and the her voice disappeared. 

"Ione!", I shout as my voice came back, "Ione!!"

I woke up with a start and realized that it was just a dream. I wiped away the sweat on forehead with the back of my hand and checked the time. It showed 4pm in the afternoon. I didn't understand when I fell asleep while reading a book online. I drank some water and got off the bed to change the bedding from last night. 

I looked around her room after changing the bedding. The room had changed a lot in  11 years, her walk-in closet now had more clothes and there was a dresser with various accessories. A different cupboard and desk was added for work. The cupboard had various tool for BDSM play, from harnesses to wires. I had no idea how to use them so I quickly shut the cupboard. Scary things, I said to myself aloud.

I walked into kitchen to fetch some food, the house was empty except for some staff cleaning the last of things. 

"You're home?", the cook asked as soon as I entered the kitchen.

"Yes, it is my day off."

"Is it your day off or Miss Ione told you to take off?", someone asked from behind me giggling.

"Are you the new toy?", another person asked.

"What?", I was confused.

"He doesn't know anything yet. Stop scaring him.", the cook chided them and continued, "You might be hungry, I'll make something for you quickly"

"Yes, thank you.", I turned towards the girls who were cutting vegetables, "What were you saying about being her new toy?"

"She used to get a new guy every few weeks before you arrived.", I was right about her doing the after care for others as well, "We don't what use to happen but the guys just ate with us and left. They never showed up again."

"How many times have this happened?", I asked clenching my fist unconsciously.

"It just happened once or twice, the girls are just exaggerating because the guys were handsome", the cook said while frying something on the pan.

"We don't know what had happened though.", one of the girl continued but now I had idea what might have happened.

"Even you're good looking, do you have a girlfriend?", the second asked leaning closer and showing off her cleavage.

"I'm taken.", I pushed my chair away and walked over to the cook to check the food..

"Damn, that's a pity."

"Your partner will be jealous if you hang out with Ione so much...", the first one said.

"No, she is understanding.", Ione was the only one in my heart and I referred to her when I said this, "When did this start?"

"It started when Miss Ione came back from Japan.", the cook said placing a bowl of rice and other side dishes.

"Well, that's all in the past. I'm here to stay.", I stated firmly and gobbled down the food. They kept on telling me about her and the family. It seemed like they were new here so I asked them when they started working. They said that they started about 5 years ago, no wonder they don't know about the accident and other things.