Chapter 13

A few days passed after the incident, I started feeling that daddy was favoring Lucas a lot. They spent their time together after dinner in the study, daddy came for breakfast and dinner almost everyday. They looked like a proper father son duo by doing these things. I thought it was because I'm not used to having him around but my doubts were confirmed one night during dinner.

"Lucas.", daddy called him while having dinner, usually he doesn't like talking while having dinner, "We'll leave for Moscow tomorrow."

"Yes father."

"Why are you taking him with you?", I asked.

"He will meet his mother and I want to teach him a few things."

"When will you guys come back?"

"A week"

"Okay"

"The treehouse is ready, you can check it after school tomorrow."

"Thank you daddy", the excitement for the tree house was gone after listening to this conversation.

It was Friday evening, so Kit had left before dinner. I finished my dinner and walked back to my room. I started completing my homework when someone knocked on my door.

"Are you asleep?", daddy asked coming inside my bedroom.

"Nope."

"Are you okay?"

"Yup"

"Do you have anything to say?"

"You're are favoring Lucas, are you expecting this?"

"Yes, I'm not favoring him, just preparing him."

"For?"

"Something important."

"What about me then?"

"You're way ahead of him", daddy said smiling, "You have to learn how to share things."

"I'll try."

"Good, night princess. I'll see you in a week then", he said before walking away.

***

Lucas and daddy's bond got better as the time passed by, it was almost a month Lucas was staying with us. Lucas follows daddy like an assistant and even in parties he talks to all the girls with rich daddies. I could clearly see that he just wanted to be next heir so he was trying his best.

My thoughts on being the heir were different, I just did my regular things perfectly and was social with my close circle. Daddy will make the right choice when the time comes, I didn't care even if it is not me. I just wanted to leave this house and explore the world after I grow up.

Lucas kept pissing me off with his antics. I vented out my anger to Kit or just came to old renovated treehouse to play. I focused on only playing the guitar and shooting.

"Ione.", Kit taped on my shoulder which got me out of daydream.

"Yeah?"

"Where were you lost?"

"Just thinking about past few months.", I said smiling.

"How were they?"

"Fun."

"Want to talk about it?"

"Things changed after you came to this house. It was the best thing that had happened after a long time."

"I'm just here to work", he said meekly

"Thank you for coming into my life.", I said gratefully.

"Don't say that, it feels like a parting."

The telephone rang which broke our gaze, Kit quickly answered while I looked outside the window. He replied only yes on the phone and hung up.

"Who was it?", I asked curiously

"Lucas, he wants to come up the treehouse, should I let him in?", usually he doesn't come here and we don't talk much, "He said he is bored, may I let him in?". Kit added.

"Wait! He is here already?"

"Yeah", I looked down from the window and saw him waving at us, "Let him in."

Kit dropped the ladder for Lucas to climb the treehouse.

"What took you so long?", Lucas asked in an irritated tone as soon as he climbed up.

"At least we let you in", I said under my breath, "Why are you here?"

"Just to meet my sister", he came close to pat my head.

"What the", I was about to curse but Kit stepped in pushed his hand away.

"Father has an dinner appointment so he will not be home for dinner.", Lucas said glaring at Kit.

"Why does daddy do this?", I complained to myself.

"Ione.", Lucas said seriously, "Stop acting all high and mighty."

"What do you mean?", I asked in an annoyed tone.

"We both know who is closer to father and for whom he cares."

"Yeah, its definitely me.", I said carefully concealing my anger.

"Come out of your daydreams. Do you know why he got you this servant?", Lucas said smirking, "It's because you always need someone to take care of you."

"Lucas, you're crossing the line.", Kit said in low tone.

"How dare you!", I pushed Lucas towards the entrance.

"Ione.", Kit warned me but I ignored him and kept glaring at Lucas.

"Father will pamper you till you get married but I'll be the heir of his company and I'll take care of him."

"Lucas!", I shouted hoarsely as tears welled up in my eyes and Kit punched him squarely on the cheek.

"Kit!", I said pulling him away from Lucas.

"You want to fight?", Lucas provoked Kit.

"Yeah sure", Kit pulled away his arm and started punching Lucas.

The next things happened really fast, they punched each other till one of them almost started bleeding. I tried to pull Kit away but I got some punches in the process, they both were very stubborn. The fight went till the edge of the entrance door and suddenly they lost balance. They fell over the edge of the treehouse.

A/n

Cliffhanger? ugh just one more chapter and you'll be meeting the mistress. This book has a bit of angst and I hope you understand Ione's side of story. 

I don't know if you guys are enjoying this story or not so comments on the story are appreciated. do vote on the chapters, it encourages me write more and sorry if there are typos.