Chapter 3

Kit followed me around even after our classes ended. 

"Why are you following me?", I asked while walking towards the music room.

"I have nothing else to do", he said shrugging his shoulders.

I told him to make himself comfortable on the bench near the window. I thought he will look outside the window and enjoy the view but he stared at me as I played the guitar. I finished the first song and he started clapping in the end. The instructor looks at him and smiles.

"Do you like this tune?", the instructor asked.

"Yeah, it sounded like a happy tune."

"He has a knack for understanding emotions", the instructor whispered to me

I just smiled and agreed to the statement, the class went on with trying different chords. I played some chords wrong which were corrected by the instructor. The music classes ended about an hour later and we walk towards the swimming pool area.

I let him tag along me with as I thought I'll be the only one swimming. I was about walk into the changing room when Kit asked,

"May I swim with you?"

"Sure, find a spare suit in the changing room.", I told him nonchalantly.

I changed and took a shower before jumping into the pool. I started from the deeper end of the pool and swam till the shallow end, by the end of my first lap, I saw Kit sitting on the edge of the shallow side of the pool. I continued my laps and after about three laps, I leaned on the edge of the deeper side of the pool.

He paddled in the shallow for a while and then started swimming towards me. He was close towards the edge of the pool so he had support on his left side. I watched him struggle and he covered about 3/4th of the distance. As he came near, I could see he was tired and panting for air as the water slapped on his face threating to drown him. 

"Pass...me... the... tube... please...", I said trying to keep afloat on the water.

"There is hardly any distance left, come on", I called out to him. He struggled to reach the edge on his left side but he couldn't catch it. He tried paddling but the process was slow and efforts needed were more.

"Lifeguard.", I called out loudly and the person turned towards us. I saw him stop struggling, so I dived inside with him. I got hold of his hand and the life guard caught him as I was trying to pull him up. We got out of the pool and I walked off to the changing room to get a towel for him. He coughed some water out and the life guard started scolding him swimming in the deep waters.

"Next time, don't step into the lions cave", I said wrapping the towel around him and smirking before leaving for taking a shower. His image of struggling in the water was stuck in my mind, I knew he would not drown but his struggle struck something in me. I quickly moisturized my skin, dressed up and walked out of the dressing room.

"I'm not afraid of the lioness", he said as soon as he saw me. I walked passed and smiled to myself at that. He followed me to my room.

"Why are you following me to my room?", I asked as we are about to reach my room.'

"I don't know any other place", he said meekly

"Why did my daddy get you?", I wondered out loud.

"He said you wanted someone to play with of your age."

"Daddy is the best", I said realizing that he haws completed my wish. We walked into the room and saw Katy and Sky waiting for me.

"Where were you?", Katy asked as soon as she saw me, "Come here, I got a new dress, lets try it on."

"Can you leave us alone for a while?", Sky said to Kit coldly.

"You're not allowed to talk to him that way", I interrupted him, "That is your last warning."

"Woah, what's up with you?", Sky asked

"Nothing."

"Then why are you taking his side?", Katy asked

"He is special", I said with a small smile.

"Ione, did I just see you smiling?", Sky asked looking surprised.

"No, my face is like that. Let's try on the clothes. Kit, please ask someone to get some snacks and drinks for us."

Katy and I changed in my walk-in closet. She had got us corset dresses which had pretty lace detailing on the front side. We helped each other tie the strings and walked out of the closet together.

"How is it?", Katy asked as we twirled around for them.

"Pretty", Sky said looking over once.

"Kit?", I asked 

"Beautiful", he took his time admiring the dress and then asked, "May I do you hair?"

"Can you do it?", I asked skeptically

"Yes..., I'll make sure it looks good with the dress."

I settled on my dresser and waited for him to work his way through my hair. Usually no one is allowed to touch my hair except my hairdresser but Kit was an unconscious exception. He started braiding them close to my scalp.

"Done.", He said after tying the last tie and I check my reflection. It looks good on me unexpectedly.

"Thank you", I said curtly

"Wow, you are looking beautiful", Sky complimented me.

"I always look like this", I said smirking at him.

The snacks arrived and we talked about latest books, music and studies while eating them. Kit looked lost during the whole conversation but he enjoyed the snacks. The topics were too vast to be explained on short notice. The maid called Sky and Katy after a while as their drivers had arrived to pick them up.

"Aren't you going home?", I asked after they left.

He just shakes his heads in response, "Why?"

"I'll go home on Friday", he answered.

"So, where will you sleep then?"

"Here ?", he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Okay, lets see after dinner", I walked out of the room towards the dining area. The food is served in two portions.

"What about your tiffin", I asked him.

"Mom will send it via Aunty only for lunch."

"Why?"

"Mom makes it for everyone in the morning , so aunty can get it in the morning."

I just nodded and we ate our dinner in silence. I usually have dinner with daddy or alone, therefore I'm not used to have it with someone beside me. We had a small talk about his first day here and I realized he was very talkative person if he was given a chance to talk.

We settled in the bedroom after dinner, completing the homework given in class. Half way through the home work, Kit started dozing off. It was a tedious day for him as I'm already used to this. He banged his head on the table once which made me giggle and he woke up.

"Go to sleep.", I said gently and he walks towards the sofa. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. I completed my homework, took a shower and checked on Kit. He was shivering due to cold, I fetched a duvet from my closet and put it over him before lying on my own bed. I fell asleep listening to his soft breathing sounds.

A/n

Welcome to Kit and Ione daily life when they were 11 and 9 years old respectively. Their life is mostly like with some twerks here and there.

I hope you enjoying the young Kit and Ione. Kit is cute and Ione may come out to be mean but she has her reasons, we'll find out soon in further chapters.

xoxo

Alex