3: A True Hero

Warning! This is a proper   A N G S T   involving bullying (only at the beginning) and intense child abuse all throughout. It really is intense, and there's mentions of suicide. Please please please if this kind of topic upsets you then it's okay not to read, I really don't want to make any of my lovely readers upset! It's also a long oneshot...

Quirk: Telekinesis

Requested byKUDEREWRITER-

- Flashback -

I attempted to scream as my head was shoved in a sink full of icy water, my mother holding my head down. As much as I tried to wriggle from her grasp I couldn't, she was too strong. When she pulled my head out of the icy water I merely had a second to breathe before she shoved me back in it again, in an attempt to get rid of the bruising on my face from where both she and my father had punched me earlier that day. They needed to be gone before school tomorrow, otherwise they'd find out that my parents were abusive.

I had always thought about using my quirk on my parents, but I was only ten and hadn't had the chance to train it properly unlike my father who had the same quirk. Thankfully mum pulled my head from the water by my hair, practically throwing me on the floor, me coughing and gasping in an attempt to get air back into my lungs. The familiar smell of smoke filled them instead, my fathers stench of cigarettes lying in the ash trays around the house. As quickly as I could I ran from the kitchen, heading for my small room and slamming the door shut. "Ungrateful brat!" My mother called up to me. I just buried my head in a pillow and let the tears out, wishing for a much better life.

- The Next Day -

"B-Bakugou, stop it!" I attempted to stop the bully from hurting Midoriya any further, by standing in front of the quirkless boy with my arms outstretched. "A-and you'll get into trouble if you use your quirk, so stop!"

"Keep a look out for teachers," Bakugou said to his followers behind him and they nodded. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, it having been intensified by my mothers punches last night, as Bakugou landed a kick on me.

"Bakugou, stop!" Midoriya sobbed, standing up on wobbly legs. I was suddenly shoved to the ground, getting dirt all over my uniform. Bakugou kicked me again and laughed loudly.

"Pathetic! You'll never make it anywhere in life, might as well give up now!" He scoffed loudly, storming away whilst his little followers ran after him desperately. I coughed and clutched onto my stomach as I tried to stop the tears leaking from my eyes. I had to go through this pain on a daily basis; at home my parents would abuse me and at school I'd be bullied both verbally and physically by Katsuki Bakugou.

Throughout my years at middle school I felt like giving up. I felt as though I wasn't worth it, and I felt as though that was the reason I was being bullied so much, but I could never bring myself to actually jump. There was a strange feeling in the bottom of my stomach every time I looked over the edge of the building or bridge, one that held me back from going through with it. It was 05:00 when I came to my senses after looking over the bridge, the gushing water underneath it. I refused to jump. Instead, I was going to show what I could truly do.

I still got bullied harshly, and I wasn't physically strong enough to put a stop to it, however I had decided that UA was where I wanted to go for high school. In my room late at night I would practice my quirk by lifting up and controlling various objects, from books to pillows, then eventually managing to lift up my entire bed although that almost made me throw up. One drawback to my quirk was that if I overused it, I'd throw up.