49: A Dream Worth Living

Note: I finished this oneshot at midnight and was too tired to proof-read but I think it's okay. Apologies for any spelling mistakes!

Requested byFelixFelicis65

Quirk: carbon armour

 I was thrown across the battlefield after being hit directly in the chest by one of his harsh AP shots. He laughed as I stood up quickly, practically growling with irritation. "What's the matter (l/n)? Thought you said you'd gotten better," Bakugou mocked folding his arms.

"You're such an asshole Katsuki Bakugou!" I yelled, activating my quirk and running straight to him carelessly. When my carbon armour stretched over my hands it distorted my fingers into claws, and I raised one up ready to slash it down upon him. He was ready however and went to direct an explosion right in my stomach however I felt nothing and watched as my claw disappeared.

"Time's up," Aizawa said and I turned to see his eyes glowing red, him having evidently erased our quirks.

"I was just about to beat her!" Bakugou yelled.

"In your dreams," I scoffed and he turned to me, an angry expression on his face.

"Next is Ojiro versus Ashido," Aizawa ignored our petty bickering. The two of us stormed off of the battlefield towards our respective friend groups and I couldn't help but scowl at him. Bakugou and I had formed some sort of rivalry during our time at UA, but I didn't really know where it stemmed from. I just remembered one day Bakugou keen to fight me and when I lost I demanded a re-match, and since then we've been looking for any excuse to battle. I knew how to rile him up as well which added to my satisfaction whenever I won. Annoyingly however, he too knew how to rile me up.

"Re-match," he demanded as he stormed over to me once Aizawa's attention was on Ojiro and Ashido's match.

"Excuse me?"

"It's fine if you're scared," he mocked, folding his arms and smirking. I could feel my face heat up with irritation.

"Scared? In your dreams! After school, 20:00, behind Heights Alliance," I said.

"You're on. Try not to cry when I beat you," he laughed.

"You know you're terrible at trash-talking," I smirked and he clenched his fists.

"You won't be saying that when you're on the way to Recovery Girl," he stormed off and I sniggered to myself.

- Timeskip -

A small crowd of class 1-A had gathered outside the back of our dorm building ready to watch our match. I was ready for it and as soon as 20:00 hit Bakugou lunged at me with a powerful explosion. I managed to cover my stomach with my impenetrable shield just in time, and took a swipe at him with my carbon covered hands which were now like claws.

He dodged it pretty easily but I was only warming up. I was able to evade his admittedly incredible moves, and covered my body with my shield for extra protection. I managed to get him on the defensive as I ruthlessly swung my claws at him, but he jumped over me just in time to dodge my final blow. I whirled around, my shield getting thinner and thinner as the fight continued and I knew I had to finish it soon otherwise I wouldn't have the energy to keep up.

"What's the matter? I thought you were going to put up a good fight," he said in a cocky tone. Out of irritation I lunged towards him which was a mistake, as he was ready with an AP shot which hit me directly in the stomach and caused my shield to break. I flew back ten feet and landed on the hard ground with a loud thud, then everything went black.