43: The Quirkless UA Student

Note: In this oneshot (y/n) is almost identical twins with Izuku, so she'll look similar: light skin tone, dark green hair, green eyes and freckles.

Quirk: none

Requested byUndertalemaniac14

 I was similar to my twin brother Izuku Midoriya in many ways: I had freckles, had dark green hair and green eyes, I was intelligent and keen to be a hero. Our differences however included me being able to stand up for myself in a fight, me being strong and I was also a little cleverer than him, especially when it came to combat. I thought one of our similarities included us both being quirkless, however when we were fifteen Izuku suddenly developed a power-based quirk, which admittedly irritated me, but it also strived me to try harder.

I was training day and night for the UA entrance exam, and when it came to I was in a different arena to Izuku. There were around fifty other people in my group, but I had confidence despite being the only quirkless one. When the robot came storming around the corner a few of the prospective student ran whilst a few tackled the robot blindly. I stayed put, analysing it and focusing on its weak point before attacking quickly. I was the first one in the group to take a robot down.

When the physical exam was finished I ended up fifth on the leaderboard, and those who had mocked me for being quirkless before the exam started soon shut up. I smirked at my achievement, looking forward to telling my younger twin.

We received our acceptance letters at the same time, and my mouth dropped to the floor when I found out I was going to be in class A. I figured that due to my quirkless status I'd be in class 1-B at the most, but realising I was in the top class at the school was beyond unbelievable. Our mother celebrated our achievements whilst crying her eyes out proudly, and I couldn't believe that I was the first quirkless person to say I was a student at the prestigious UA High School.

- Timeskip -

Since starting UA I had become a little intimidated by the variety of strong quirks there were not only in our class but in the others as well. I was still confident in my abilities both physical and mental, but seeing everyone's powerful quirks was difficult. Still I was able to prove my worth, as I studied my classmates and was able to assess everyone's weak points, allowing me to beat them multiple times during heroics.

One person I had never managed to beat however was Katsuki Bakugou, our childhood 'friend'. For a long time I hated him, as he bullied my brother and I for being quirkless. He picked on Izuku more, mainly because Izuku seemed to follow him like a lost puppy whereas I knew he was nasty in middle school. Towards the end of middle school and the start of UA was when he was particularly nasty, especially as Izuku developed a powerful quirk and I got into the school quirkless, but it seemed as though his bigheaded, cocky attitude was settling with every day as he realised there were students out there just as powerful as he was, if not more.

Due to our history, I spent months telling myself that the feeling I felt in my stomach whenever I saw him was just annoyance, irritation and hatred, but the flustering sensation that stabbed my heart was beginning to tell me otherwise. I had always known he was attractive, but now his truly mean side was disappearing and he was becoming more and more bearable to be around. This meant I was becoming more and more intrigued by him, and soon I realised that the feeling inside whenever I saw him was not that of annoyance, but that of romance.

I hated the fact I liked him. I was terrified of what would happen if he ever found out. He'd bullied me in the past and still threw the occasional jab at me, but it was much less frequent. We'd been talking fairly normally recently, able to hold conversations in a group of people. I had difficulty being alone with him as he still intimidated me massively.