22: The Princess Part One

Note: This is part one of two. This is also a fantasy au, so there's no quirks. (y/n)'s seventeen going on eighteen, Bakugou's twenty-five.

Quirk: none

Requested byFelixFelicis65

 I stood in front of my father and mother, the king and queen of the kingdom, them scolding me once again as I tapped my foot irritably under the long, puffy dress they insisted I wear. This time however it was covered in mud, after I 'accidentally' fell into the flowerbed. "This is not how a princess should act!" My father shouted, looking at me as though I was a lost cause.

"I never wanted to be a princess," I folded my arms.

"(y/n), uncross your arms this instant! It's unladylike," mother shouted and I rolled my eyes but did as I was told.

"Don't you want me to have fun whilst I'm young?" I asked.

"Young? You're almost eighteen (y/n), you're almost of marrying age!" Father exclaimed.

"'Marrying age'?" I quoted, my heart dropping.

"That's right. You'll soon be married off to a suitor of our choosing," he said and my mouth fell open.

"I don't even get to pick who I'm marrying?!" I exclaimed.

"Of course you get to pick, dear. We'll be throwing a party on your eighteenth birthday where we will invite your potential suitors and you will pick one among them," mother said.

"My birthday's only a month away! I don't want to get married yet!" I said.

"You do not have a choice (y/n), this is tradition," mother said. I clenched my fists, anger filling my body. Without looking back I stormed out of the room, heading up to my quarters. I felt as though I wanted to scream, not wishing to be tied down for the rest of my life. I practically tore off my dirty dress, chucking it away carelessly, it symbolising one of the many traditions I had to follow as a princess.

Night came and I found myself staring into the night whilst standing on my balcony. The wind blew through my hair, it finally not being in the incredibly tight hairstyle that felt like it was being pulled from my head. I let out a loud sigh; lots of people wished they could be princesses due to the privilege and riches it comes with, but what people didn't realise was just how constricting it was. I felt as though I was suffocating, and looking at the world beyond the castle walls and longing to be out there.

That was when something in the sky caught my eye. It was an animal, but it wasn't a bird. Despite it being far away it was obvious it was big. Intrigue got the better of me and I headed back inside to get the ornamental telescope which hung on the wall, resting it on the edge of the balcony and looking through the glass.

I could barely believe what i was seeing - it was a deep red dragon. I had never seen one in real life, and frankly thought they were extinct. Seeing the dragon was amazing in itself, but what truly took my breath away was the fact there was someone riding on top on it. They were too far away to see their features, but they were wearing a bright red cape.

Immediately I became desperate to see the beast up close, so without thinking I ran back into my room and crept along the corridors of the castle. I was used to sneaking out at night so I knew the guards patrol like the back of my hand, making it easier to reach the gardens and run through the greenery, and through a small gate in the castle wall.

Keeping my eyes peeled I walked through the forest I was now in, shivering a little as I was only dressed in my nightgown. I carefully walked in the direction I remembered last seeing the dragon in, my senses rising. Suddenly I heard a mans voice, it coming from straight ahead so tip-toed until I reached the edge of a clearing, and peered through the bushes.