45: The Romantic Type

Note: Bakugou and (y/n) are about 25 in this oneshot.

Quirk: fairy

 Katsuki Bakugou and I had been together for almost three months, but it was quite a casual relationship. Despite my feelings for him I had never received any verbal confirmation of love, but then again I hadn't said anything either in fear of rejection. We were next door neighbours so I spent a lot of my free time at his, and he trusted me enough to give me spare keys to his place. I spent most of my nights at Katsuki's as well.

I wasn't sure I had a right to feel neglected given the fact neither of us had admitted to loving the other one despite me understanding my feelings for him, and he was barely romantic. I wasn't looking for soppy dates and constant attention, but just the acknowledgment from him about me being his girlfriend would've been nice. We were a very physical couple, and recently I had wondered whether that was all he wanted from me: intimacy.

Despite doing what I could to try and make him fall for me - cooking, cleaning, listening to his rants about other heroes and pathetic villains - nothing seemed to be working. I decided I was going to confront him about it, and ask how he felt about me, as after three months I either wanted to be told that he loved me or told to get lost, because I hated being in this grey area.

Unfortunately for me I picked the wrong day to bring the topic up. I was at his home and it was late, he was still out doing hero work. I missed him of course, and tried to make the place as clean as possible for his return. I felt as though I was about to burst with desperation however, so when he came through the door and slammed it shut I flew to him quickly. "How was your day?" I asked politely, landing in front of him.

"Fine, why?" He said simply, walking straight past me.

"Well I was just thinking that you must've had a busy day... it's almost 23:00," I pointed out. "Would you like anything to eat or drink-,"

"No I'm fine," he said firmly.

"Katsuki I was... wondering if we could have a moment to chat?" I suggested carefully.

"About what?" He said, already sounding bored and this irritated me.

"Well... you've been so busy and we haven't gotten to spend much time together over the past month," I said carefully and he squinted at me. "I'm just scared you're overworking yourself. Don't strain yourself-,"

"Oh so you're telling me how to do my job, huh?" He stood up sharply.

"What? No of course I'm not, I'm just worried that you're not putting your priorities in order-,"

"My 'priorities' huh? You mean you?" He raised his voice.

"No, I mean your health," I said, folding my arms. "But... yes I do miss the time we spend together-,"

"There it is, surprise surprise," he scoffed.

"Excuse me?"

"Listen, I am a hero (y/n), do you know what that means? I save peoples lives daily. I stop villains from abusing people and thieves from robbing stores," he boasted.

"I'm not saying you don't do all those things! But at the start of our relationship you always made sure there was time for me, time for us, but now I just feel like a spare part," I tried to explain.

"Sorry if I don't have all the time in the world! I don't have a pathetic, dumb job like you were I just hand people pathetic flowers! I have a real job, an important job! I don't need this shit now, alright?" He said and I felt my heart crack a little. I didn't realise he saw my passion as pathetic and dumb. I was a florist and had been passionate about my work since I was a child. I had built up a business right from the bottom and I was popular in the world of flower arranging, getting many orders for wedding and other events. To me it was an important job, mainly because I was so passionate about flowers and he knew I was. He'd effectively just said that I was pathetic for being who I was.