8: The Guy For You Part One

Warning! This is part one of two, as putting the two parts together ended up making a very long oneshot... also the second part is a lemon, you have been warned!

Note: Bakugou and (y/n) are in their second year.

Quirk: Forcefield

- Bakugou's POV -

I was her best friend and she was mine, but I wished I was so much more. No matter how much I tried to deny it, I was in love with (y/n) (l/n) and it was irritating the hell out of me. I had realised I was in love with her since the beginning of middle school, but I was far too proud back then to even admit it to myself. It was the first year of UA when I myself realised my feelings for her, particularly after the summer camp. She had practically leapt on me, crying her eyes when when she realised I was safe, and she was the only one who could tell that All Might's retirement was making me depressed. She was always there, she didn't need to say anything or do anything, she just knew that her presence was enough to comfort me and if I needed anything, she'd be there to help.

It was thanks to small actions such as these that made me fall for her more and more. There was one major problem however - she had a boyfriend who was on the support course. His name was Ryouma Terasaka, and he was the definition of an asshole. She didn't see that fact however, and often gushed over him which made me grit my teeth with anger fuelling my body. I wished more than anything that I was the one she was gushing over to other people, that I was the one that made her flustered, that I was the one who could kiss and hold her.

I was wandering around the campus just before curfew, thinking about her. She was having a girls night in Pinky's room, so I decided to get some fresh air whilst I could. I shoved my hands in the pockets of my tracksuit trousers, trying to clear my mind but it was almost impossible. Nearby however I suddenly heard a slight moan, making me furrow my eyebrows. I hadn't realised just how far I'd walked, and I found myself standing near the second years support course dorm building. I followed the noise, readying my palms in case I needed to fight, but what I saw angered me to my very core. (y/n)'s dumb boyfriend had another girl pinned up against a tree, and was practically gnawing at her neck, his hands all over her body.

A million thoughts whirled through my mind at once. I felt the urge to go up to him and beat the crap out of him, but I knew he'd tell (y/n) and she'd get angry, plus I couldn't afford another house arrest like I had last year. (y/n) needed to know what was happening behind her back though, but I hated to be the one who made her cry. Seeing her cry always made me feel sick inside. She still had a right to know, so instead I took a picture so that I definitely had proof, and he couldn't deny it if he tried.

I trudged back to Heights Alliance, storming through the building and up to my room, still attempting not to think about her but I had a photo of the two of us framed and sat upon my bedside table. I groaned, rolled over and tried desperately to just fall asleep.

- Timeskip -

The next evening rolled around, and she had annoyingly noticed my strange behaviour throughout the day. I was conflicted between telling her and not wanting to make her cry. She had asked me repeatedly what was wrong, and I responded with a simple 'nothing, dumbass,' every time. As the day went on I was getting angrier and angrier, more so than usual, and this time she couldn't calm me down. Especially when her idiot boyfriend came over to hang out with us as we sat together at the lunch table. I was close to flipping out, but I didn't want to upset her, so instead I just got us and left.

"Katsu, seriously, is everything okay?" She asked me for the millionth time that day when we were back in the dorm room common area.

"I've told you already dumbass, I'm fine!" I shouted, a little louder than I should've, shocking her.