Let Him Go

"Shadows of the past keep on chasing me,"
-Your Eyes Tell

"Well, where can I take you?" Yoongi asked politely, his attention split between Jin and the road in front of him.

"To a phone store," Jin mumbled under his breath.

"What?" Yoongi asked glancing over.

"Nothing, sorry. It's just I was so mad at Jungkook last night I threw my phone in the dumpster somewhere in town."

Yoongi nodded slowly, turning back to the road. "Because that's what you do when you're mad..."

Jin felt his ears get hot in embarrassment. "Yeah, well, when you find out your boyfriend cheated on you, you'd do some pretty dumb shit too," Jin remarked a little annoyed.

"Jungkook cheated?"

"Well, no, but he was thinking about it..." Now that Jin was thought about the entire situation, he felt even more embarrassed. His reaction seemed appropriate at the time but now seemed downright childish, especially when he had to explain it to someone like Yoongi.

"Wait, wait, wait," Yoongi mused, eyes bright with amusement. "He didn't cheat but he thought about cheating and you got mad, left, threw away your only source of communication to—what? Take a night stroll in freezing weather?"

"I-I-" Was this motherfucker psychic? How the fuck did he know that? "I needed to think and my car was, well, I don't know where, and why are you judging me? It wasn't just some random guy in passing he had a dirty thought about—it was my ex who cheated on me multiple times, so, sorry if I'm a bit fucking sensitive about being potentially cheated on. Again." Jin sneered, turning away from Yoongi to glare out the window. Internally he chided himself for yet another act of childishness. What was it about Yoongi that made him forget how to act?

Yoongi sighed and pulled the car over. "I'm sorry, Jin, I didn't know,"

Tears began to cloud Jin's vision, but he managed to blink them back. God, when will he be done with this shitty tear-fest? Jin briefly wondered if you could get tear-duct removal surgery but dismissed the idea, his eyes already irritated the hell out of him he didn't need anymore issues there.

"Yeah, well, Jungkook did and he still pulled this shit," His voice cracked adding to the embarrassment of crying in his boyfriend's friend's car at 7 in the morning. Jin felt the urge to stomp his foot but refrained.

"Do you want a hug?"

"What the fuck?" Jin whipped around in disbelief.

"You look like you could use a hug." Yoongi nodded and opened his arms.

"Are you serious right now? After all this shit you think—"

"Do you want the hug or not?"

"Yes, I fucking want the hug, the fuck," Jin grumbled, launching himself into Yoongi's inviting embrace. The center console jabbed into his hip but he ignored it in favor of Yoongi wrapping comforting arms around him. He was clearly bigger than Yoongi and yet the smaller man seemed to dwarf Jin as he hugged him tightly.

Yoongi really was a good hugger, not too tight, not too loose but a perfect balance of comfort. It reminded him of Jimin and holy hell was he missing his best friend. His thoughts were out of order, jumping from one thing to the next. Images of Buckie came filtering through, then his mom, his dad, and finally Jungkook. He didn't hold back the tears as he pressed his face into Yoongi's jacket. He didn't care if he got snot, tears, and whatever other liquid he managed to produce on the other man's clothes, the little prick could clean it later. Yoongi both irritated him and made him feel safe and he didn't even know the man all that good.