Login

Jin closed his eyes and took a deep breath, exhaling loudly through his nose. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, he repeated to himself. There was a real chance that his car was currently wrecked somewhere along the side of the road while his best friend, who happens to be dressed in drag, twirls his steering wheel in the front door of his boyfriend's estranged parents.

How did Jimin even get his car keys?

Reaching down, Jin patted his pocket and sure enough, the jingle of his car keys answered in response.

"How–?"

"Oh my, God, is this him?" Jimin exclaims with a gasp, ignoring Jin completely. "Is this the little brother I've been hearing about? Jungkook's little brother?"

If Junghyun were a cartoon character his entire being would look like the personification of a thermometer approaching the sun the way he blushed. His mother immediately walked to the boy's side and wrapped him in her arms protectively.

With an eye-roll and a hand placed on his cocked hip, Jimin flipped his long blond hair over one shoulder. "I wasn't going to eat him, sheesh,"

Feeling slightly embarrassed on his friend's behalf, Jin looked over to Jungkook to see him smiling softly. Relief flooded through him. Jungkook wasn't mad nor was he on the verge of a panic attack. He was learning to take things as they are and it reassured Jin immensely. They'd be okay.

Deciding it was time to go before even more questions were raised, Jin approached Jungkook's father and bowed politely. "I'm sorry, sir, I'm afraid you'll have to forgive my friend, he was dropped on his head as a child–"

"Excuse me–?"

"With that being said," Jin raised his voice to drown out Jimin. "I believe that is our cue to head out. We have to...take care of my friend here and hopefully find my car in one piece."

Mr. Jeon looked up with wide eyes, clearly still in shock by everything that is–well, Jimin. "You certainly are a strange bunch."

Giving a wink, Jin flashed his signature smile. "Wouldn't have it any other way."

Not needing to be told anything more, Jungkook went to hug his mother goodbye before pulling away and dragging Junghyun into a fierce embrace.

"Don't be a stranger," Jin hears him say. "You have my number, call me whenever–and I do mean whenever–you need me. Morning or night, I'll be there. We'll see each other again real soon. Promise."

They pull apart and Jungkook ruffles his baby brother's hair affectionately. After saying his farewells, Jin drags Jimin into the hall before he could make good on his promise of giving Junghyun a goodbye kiss much to Mr. Jeon's horror.

"Jimin, he's a minor," Jin chastised.

"Yes, I know, Jin. I'm not a virgin hunter,"

"I beg to fucking differ–" Jin started.

"That was years ago, and I learned my lesson after the second one, okay! And they weren't even minors–"

"Not gonna lie, Jimin, I could kiss you right now," Jungkook said without much thought.

"Boy, you have two seconds to take that back right now. On thin ice and still acting like a damn fool," Jimin flipped his hair over his shoulder and gave a jaded look.

"What?" Jungkook asked before turning to Jin to see his eyes narrowed. "No! I meant I would kiss him because he got us out of there! Not because–because–"

Jin pursed his lips. "I didn't think it was that bad, I mean I'm always one for drama when it doesn't involve me. And it's family drama? Big win."

"Ooo, pour the tea," Jimin says as he brings his fingers up to circle his lips like The Matchmaker from "Mulan".