Are You Going to Greet Me

Jungkook lets out a breath as he rings the doorbell. He's been over here enough to go right in by this point, but there was something about waiting for Jin to open the door and invite him in that gave him peace of mind. Maybe it was old-fashioned of him or he just respected boundaries, especially after they've been tested.

Jungkook made sure to shut off his phone before ringing the doorbell in case he gets interrupted for some reason this evening. This evening needed his full attention.

He ended up coming a little early before they had to leave for his parent's house, but he couldn't stay away.

Jin opened the door, a toothbrush sticking out of his foaming mouth, and squinted. "You are like a whole hour early,"

Jungkook shrugged, a smile tugging at his lips. "Couldn't wait to see you." He brought up the flowers that were hidden behind his back. "I know this isn't a date per se, but I couldn't help but see these flowers and think of you."

Jin turned his head away, cheeks blossoming a pretty pink color. "Yah! That's so corny!"

He takes the flowers and pulls the other in by his tie. "As a courtesy, your first kiss of the night will be a minty fresh one," He says as he smashes their lips together.

It was a quick kiss that ended in giggles and smeared toothpaste, but it was lovely. The warm smile and light in Jin's eyes were already making the night better despite the dread he was feeling for later on.

"I can't believe my boyfriend got me flowers for a date with his parents," Jin says playfully, taking the flowers to his kitchen to be placed in a vase.

"Maybe if you're nice, my mom will give you a ride home," Jungkook laughed as a kitchen rag came flying at his face.

"Maybe if you're nice, I'll let you get to second base!"

Jungkook used the rag to wipe away some of the toothpaste from his face. "May this night go on without a hitch then,"

Jin laughs one of his high-pitched laughs then clears his throat. "I shouldn't be too long, I just have to style my hair and put my outfit on, then I'm ready," Jin called back.

"That's fine. Take as long as you need, I'll be here," Jungkook settles on the couch, arms resting on the back.

Jungkook takes in Jin's quaint and tidy apartment. He's been here enough to be familiar with the layout and yet this was the first time he actually looked at Jin's place.

It was clear Jin had a thing for collecting little knickknacks. Small random toys and decorations littered the apartment on shelves and end tables. It was rather adorable honestly, the collection of Mario figures, some still in their original boxes, taking up most of the space. There was something so innocent about the collection, something so youthful about collecting items from your childhood in your adult life.

From the shape of the figures, it's clear that Jin was good at taking care of things. At making things last.

There was a pink Nintendo switch on one of the end tables near Jungkook. Picking it up, he turned it on to see Super Mario Odyssey load. Jungkook laughed under his breath, he wasn't expecting anything different.

"My mom got me that on my birthday three years ago." Jin said coming back into the living room and plopping down next to Jungkook. "Jimin bought me the Mario Odyssey that year, too."

"It's fitting. It'd be weird if they got you something else," Jungkook concludes with a smile.

"Why's that?"

"I don't know if you have looked around your apartment lately, but it just screams millennial-gamer-baby."

Jin throws his head back when he laughs. His throat is on full display, distracting Jungkook for a moment.