Dreams

This is all Jin in this chapter. I teared up writing it :(

Jin's hands shook as he gripped the door handle. He knew Buckie was alive, but he didn't know what kind of condition he was in, he was too scared to ask the nurse. He hoped the older man was okay, or at least awake because if he had to see Buckie hooked up to thousands of monitors or see random tubes sticking out of his body he didn't know what he would do. He gently pushed open the hospital room door just a crack.

Beep Beep Beep

"Oh, God," Jin whispered, thinking the worse as he heard what appeared to be the heart monitor. Every sad medical drama raced through his mind. Buckie was in a coma and waiting to see Jin one last time, to hear Jin's voice, before he passed on. Jin was going to cry as Buckie deadlines and a surge of nurses would come running into the room trying to resuscitate his fragile body—Stop it! Squeezing his eyes shut, Jin pushed open the door before he could talk himself out of it.

He gave a little peak before his eyes shot open in shock. The bed was empty. Oh, God, did Buckie actually take a turn for the worse? Did he—

The sound of a toilet flushing cut Jin's train of thoughts as the small door to his left opened to reveal the most normal-looking version of Buckie he had ever seen. Buckie was only wearing a bluish-white hospital gown that seemed to engulf his entire frame as he waddled out of the bathroom with an IV pole. His eyes were trained to the floor until he noticed Jin's shoes and snapped his head up.

"Oh, Jinnie boy, ya her'," Buckie said softly, a fond look coming over his features.

Tears shimmered in Jin's eyes at the endearment and all but leaped at Buckie bringing him into a strong yet gentle embrace, he didn't want to hurt the older man after all. Buckie was shocked but only for a moment before wrapping his arms around Jin's waist.

"I-I-I thought you w-w-would've been hoo-hooked up to stuff, a-a-and in a coma, a-a-and I w-would never get to see you again," Jin heaved into the man's shoulder.

Buckie chuckled as he basically dangled in Jin's arms. "Nah, I'm tougher d'an d'at, Jinnie boy! I jus' 'ad sum 'art burn,"

"Buckie, you had a heart attack,"

"To-mat-o, pa-tat-o," Buckie said, gentle tapping him on the back in good humor. (I'm going to write Buckie's part normally now, just remember he has an accent!)

"That's not how—" Jin stopped as Buckie began to sag in his arms alarming him.

"Sorry, boy, can't really hold me self up anymore. Mind taking me to there bed?" Jin obliged without question.

After getting Buckie situated on the bed and the covers were thrown over his bare legs, Jin took a seat in one of the chairs nearby. He took a moment to look at Buckie. The older man was really starting to show his age now and it was almost heartbreaking to witness. Buckie usually kept his hair short, always has since he served in the military, but instead of his usual salt and pepper hairs, it was almost completely white now. Puffy bags laid under his eyes and his skin looked dull and gray but a soft hue of pink made him look alive. It looked slightly alarming but considering Buckie just had a heart attack, Jin figured this was normal.

Jin glanced away, a stack of papers on the tray beside Buckie's bed catching his eye. "Business Bill of Sale (Purchase Agreement)" read at the top in bold black letters. Jin snatched up the papers immediately, scanning page after page quickly. Buckie was selling the bowling alley.

"Buckie, what is this? Why are you selling the bowling alley?" Jin asked, glancing up at the man. "Is it money? Do you need money?"

Buckie cracked a smile, it wasn't sad but content. In fact, it was the most relaxed expression Jin has ever seen on the man's face.