The Overgrown Baboon

Btw this is Jin's car ^^^ just picture it purple

"Okay, so this button is for ringing up the sale. If you want to up the quantity without pressing the cookie or latte button, you press this button and just click the plus till you got it," Namjoon said, very concentrated on going step-by-step with Jin about the register despite Jin telling him three times that he knows how to run a register and just needs basic training.

"What if you wanna up the quality?" Jin asked in all seriousness.

Namjoon side-eyed him making Jin put up his hands in surrender.

"Kidding! Joon, I got this. I've been playing with registers since I was, like, five. Of course, they were toy ones at the time—it doesn't matter, I've had more experience since then!"

Namjoon chuckled and backed off with his hands held up in mock surrender. "Okay, okay. I just didn't wanna leave you hanging on your first day."

"I'll be alright, I've been doing this since I was fifteen. I gots this." Jin reassured with a wink. He barely missed the dark hue that covered Namjoon's tanned cheeks as he walked away stealing a cookie on the way to a table in the back corner of the café.

"Hey! Those are for the customers!" Jin whined.

Namjoon shrugged and continued munching on his stolen cookie.

"Hey, do you have any other workers here or is it just us?" Jin asked as he realized he hasn't seen another employee working—at all. The thought of it just being the two of them was scary as fuck. What if a huge as a group of college girls come in with ridiculous orders? Jin was still training! He wasn't ready for basic bitches yet!

"Oh, yeah. He comes in the afternoon though so you'll get to meet each other and he'll show you more stuff than I could."

Jin released a breath and relaxed, he felt better knowing it wasn't just him and Namjoon because they haven't talked about schedules yet but Jin wasn't about to work every day. He still had his job at Buckie's.

Windchimes sounded as a customer came through the door. This was Jin's first customer and he would be lying if he didn't say he was a little nervous. Sure, he's worked at fast-food restaurants most of his working career but that didn't stop his stomach from knotting itself with anxiety, this was a new job after all.  Plus, Namjoon would be watching. Not Namjoon the friend but Namjoon the boss. It was a little scary but nothing Jin couldn't handle.

With a bright smile that would freeze the average person, Jin greeted: "Good morning! Welcome to the Blue Desert, what can I get for you today?" The woman before him looked down shyly, very aware of Jin's attractiveness.

"Good morning," She replied softly and Jin wanted to coo at her, she reminded him of his mom. "I'll take a small caramel latte with almond milk and-" she paused as she went to the glass counter that held all the cookies Jin made and slightly burnt pies that Namjoon tried to make. "Oh, wow, this must be new. I didn't think you guys did cookies here."

"Oh, yes! They are new! I made them myself! Would you like a sample?" Jin asked politely already getting the sampling tray from the counter behind him.

"Oh, thank you, dear!" The woman smiled kindly as she picked up a toothpick with a chunk of sugar cookie attached to the end of it.  She popped it into her mouth with her eyes closed as she chewed. Jin jumped when she squealed and popped her eyes back open excitedly. "This is delicious! I'll take two of these ones!" Jin beamed as he picked up two cookies with a prong and put them in a brown paper bag, handing it to her.

Jin rang her up as Namjoon came behind the counter to help him with her latte. Jin pursed his lips as Namjoon started pressing buttons on the coffee machine and it started screeching, steam coming out of a tube as an expresso shot filled a glass coffee mug. Namjoon paused his swirling of the dark liquid, "She's for here, right?"