Chapter 3

Y/N's POV:
Yesterday seeing Pietro and Nat making friends and enjoying themselves with kids that are different too made all this worth it. We were assessing the different kids powers today to come up with a plan for each student. I was excited but nervous to get started. We had around 20 students so we separated them into 11-14 and 15-18. I could barely sleep last night for the second night in the row. This morning I got up early to go for a run. Wanda was fast asleep obviously having a good dream cause she scrunched her nose smiling in her sleep. I give her a quick kiss on the forehead before I head out to run around the track.

When I got there Bucky was already out there. I thought it was pretty strange as it was 6am.
"Hey Buck what you doing up so early?" I ask him as I jog alongside him.
"I couldn't sleep. You know there's a kid here Joseph who's related to Sharon and Peggy. I can't help but think about Steve. After all this time I still miss him. You know that won't give up attitude Pietro has that too. I'm glad you did this Y/N. He needs to be around more kids like him. Seeing him enjoy himself yesterday was great. It's good to be here and be able to see him more. Why are you up?"
"Nerves but I think you've just got rid of them. You're a great uncle Bucky. He's lucky to have you. Just don't teach him to pick up women the same way you used to. Not sure I want my son to be a player," I laugh. We run round the track for an hour before I head back inside.

When I get back to the room I try to go in quietly so as not to wake Wanda. I looked in our bed and she smiled sleepily at me.
"Where have you been?" She mumbles tiredly.
"I went for a run I was nervous so I thought a run would help. Bucky was out there he couldn't sleep he said that Joseph Carter brought back memories of Steve. Hearing him speak about Pietro makes me really glad we did this. I'm not as nervous anymore."
"I'm glad you're more relaxed but if you can't sleep you should wake me you know I'm always more than happy to tire you out," she teases me smirking.
"Well I'm going for a shower now. You know I'm always more than happy for you to join me," I mimic her. She jumps up kissing me passionately wrapping her legs around my waist as I head towards the bathroom. Good morning to me.

Getting ready I feel a lot better. Less of the formal attire more training gear today. It brought back memories of when Wanda first assessed me. She was just so in control it was sexy as hell.
"What you thinking about babe?" She says wrapping her arms around my waist from behind.
"About my initial assessment with you when I first arrived at HQ. I was so in awe of your control I found it hot. Actually I think anything you do is hot. That's actually your superpower," I tease her turning her around to bring her in for a kiss.
"You know when I told you off for trying to read my mind. It's cause I was actually thinking about you that you were incredibly pretty," she tells me. I never knew that.
"I'm also thinking about how glad I am that we sound proofed these walls when I built the house. The poor kids would be scarred for life with some of the sounds you make," I tease her. She bites her lip blushing slightly.
"You're incorrigible. Come on we better get the kids up for school," she mumbles. From no where she pushes me up against the wall moaning once in my ear before winking and leaving the room. My wife is a goddess.

We make sure the kids are up and have breakfast as a family.
"Mom can I have a sleepover with Maria this weekend?" Natasha asked. Pietro started cracking up. What was going on?
"Sure. Will she be staying here or are you going to stay at theirs?" I ask her.
"At hers," Natasha replies causing Pietro to laugh more.
"Ok what's going on? Do not make me read your mind," Wanda demands. I couldn't help but smirk at Wanda getting angry it was hot. Nat glared at Pietro to not say a word.
"You either tell us or I take both of your phones," I back her up.
"The reason I'm laughing is because Maria called Nat pretty and Nat called Maria beautiful," Pietro snitched. Nat blushed embarrassed.
"So you have a crush. That's ok why wouldn't you just tell us? You know your mum was a clumsy mess around me before we started dating," Wanda explains. Thanks for that. Natasha shrugged continuing to eat her breakfast.
"And Pietro for snitching you can help set up the fitness assessments with Sam and Bruce. Off you go," I tell him. He sighs washing up his bowl before heading over to the school.

We head over to the training room where everyone was waiting. Wanda and Monica were doing power assessments though Monica would be teaching the kids special intelligence and research day to day. Bucky and I were assessing combat. Bruce and Sam were on fitness. Some of the powers these kids had were amazing. From super-speed to telekinesis to shape shifting it was incredible. They really seemed to be enjoying learning control in a safe environment. I was particularly impressed with Joseph so was Bucky. He got a little sad though as he reminded him of Steve. Bucky was such a good uncle. He was around a lot Pietro really appreciated having a strong male presence in his life teaching him about shaving etc. Bucky took Pietro hiking and rock climbing. He loved it.

By the time we had finished assessment everyone was starving. We had hired a catering company that Fury recommended. The lunch was really good and it was nice to see Pietro making friends with Joseph and a few of the other boys. Nat and Maria seemed to be in a world of their own it was so cute. The kids were all tired so we gave them the afternoon off to get to know each other before they did an education assessment just to see where they were at with the core subjects. By the end of the day we were all shattered.

Wanda and I were lying in bed cuddling by 8pm. Lying there with Wanda in my arms still made me feel so safe and so loved. I still sometimes catch myself questioning whether this is all just some big extensive dream that I'm about to wake up from. But then I look at the wonderful life and family we've built together with friends who adore our kids as much as we do. It felt so good to be loved by her.