Chapter 20

Y/N's POV:
It was Christmas so everyone was coming over to celebrate that and the school staying open. Even my family were coming over to stay with us for the holidays. I was just hoping my Dad looked better than he did when we he arrived at Jord's. The house looked so festive. We had a beautiful tree and the kids had made decorations.

My family are arriving early so they had plenty of time to get settled into the house we'd built using our powers for the week or so they were staying. As the car pulled out and Dad got out I breathed a sigh of relief he looked good.
"Hey Dad. You look great," I say hugging him.
"I feel it. Thank you for having us," he replies.
"It's no problem I just hope you like the house." We all help carry the bags and they looked really happy with the house.
"It's just like home," Mom said.
"That was kind of the point. We wanted you to feel happy and at home so we brought home here," I explain. Jord and Charlie were staying with them too.
"We'll leave you to get ready. Takeout will be here at 7 and then the party will be straight after that," I say excusing myself.

I'm sat between Wanda's legs watching the tv in our bedroom as she holds me.
"Are you looking forward to tonight?" Wanda asks breaking me out of my daze.
"Yeah I think I am. It'll be good to really celebrate and just relax after the last few weeks," I reply.
"Can I show you something?" She asks. I turn around and nod. Wanda walks over to my guitar and picks it up.
"Ok you know how I said on my bucket list was to learn our song well while you've been in those meetings with the senators and I had free time I've been learning and I'm pretty pleased with my progress," Wanda explains. I sit up excitedly.
"I'm so proud of you," I say kissing her.
"Will you sing with me?" Wanda asks. I nod.

She starts strumming and it sounds really good. I start singing softly. As she grows more confident she joins in singing along with me. When she finishes playing she has the biggest smile on her face scrunching her nose.
"I love you so much Wanda. That was amazing," I say kissing her as I move the guitar to the side.
"I love you too," she replies kissing me again.
"Now we've got a couple of hours to kill until we have to order food. What do you want to do?" I ask.
"I have a few ideas," she smirks pushing me back on the bed and straddling me.
"I already like them."

My family come over just before we order and the kids tell them all about the school and the panel.
"This sounds like some Meredith Grey's medical license trial level shit," Jord says making us all laugh but Mom and Dad glare at him for using bad language around the kids.
"So I must warn you these parties can get a little wild," I advise my family.
"She's right the first time I went to one of those parties I drank way to much kept pestering Carol with questions trying to get her to admit she was a lesbian then passed out on Y/N's bed. Actually you're lucky I did it got you two together," Jord jokes.
"I mean technically we'd already planned on going on a date you may of just sped up the process a little," Wanda replies.
"Right if we're all finished I'm going to get ready for the party," I say excusing myself.

I get ready quickly before heading down to the bar. I left the kids in the movie room. They were pretty responsible and knew where we were if they needed us. The place looked great. I turn the music on shuffle and greet the bartenders. Wanda walks in and my heart skips a beat.
"I know it's Christmas so I should expect you to be wearing a lot of red but every damn time Wanda you make my jaw drop," I say kissing her gently.
"You look pretty great yourself. Drink?" She asks smirking. I nod.

We get ourselves some cocktails as everyone else starts to arrive. Even Thor and the Guardians had come into town for it. Seeing my mom's face when Thor walked in was priceless.
"Come on I'll reintroduce you," I say taking her hand.
"Thor you remember my mother Jen," I reintroduce them.
"Yes. Lovely to see you again Jen," he says kissing her hand. I thought she was going to faint.
"You too," she mumbles before I take her to get a drink to steady her nerves.

Everyone was really enjoying their night my family took it in turns to check on the kids. My parents have an early night clearly exhausted by the party. When everyone's had a lot to drink we all sit down in a circle talking.
"Come on Y/N sing for us you know you want to," Carol demands.
"I really don't," I assure her.
"Please and use your guitar too," Thor requests. Wanda looks at me smiling.
"Ok fine." I run upstairs grabbing my guitar.
"Which song?" Wanda asks.
"The one you played for us at your wedding," Carol picks. I start strumming to the tune of Perfect. Everyone joins in with the singing. The singing from us all was incredibly out of tune but I didn't mind it felt so nice to have everyone back together.

As the night draws to a close people began to leave. Thor started to leave but forgot Stormbreaker. Not thinking anything of it I picked it up and chased after him with it.
"Holy shit," Peter says in disbelief.
"What?" I ask.
"Babe you're doing it," Wanda smiles excitedly.
"I didn't even think," I mumble looking at the axe in my hand.
"That's why. You stopped thinking. Before you didn't mind about lifting Stormbreaker something held you back but somethings shifted and now you believe you're worthy. That was a great plan Carol," Thor explains.
"Wait what was the plan?" I ask.
"Carol said that you'd be worthy you just thought to much about it so told me to leave it here on purpose and she was right," he replies.
"Thank you both for believing in me. What does this mean?"
"Well we can take a trip to Nidavellir when you're ready and get you your own weapon weaker than this one of course," he offers.
"How long would it take?" I inquire.
"Not long at all. I mean we could get Stormbreaker to summon the bifröst and be there and back in a day," Thor assures me.
"That's a lot to process but I'll think about it. Thank you Thor." He smiles nodding before heading to bed. The party empties out and we send the kids to bed.

As I get into bed I'm just in shock unable to process what had just happened. Wanda starts stroking my hair.
"What you thinking about?" Wanda asks.
"I'm just in shock. I've never been worthy of anything in my life and now I'm worthy of something only what 4 beings we know have ever lifted. Do I really need a weapon? I mean sure it would be cool and extremely helpful incase anything happened but I've never been to space. What if something goes wrong and I can't come home to you and our family? There are so many things to consider," I explain.
"Only you could overthink something so much you make being worthy a negative. Babe stop ok. You can worry about that tomorrow or after Christmas no one said you had to do it right now," Wanda assures me.
"You always know how to calm me down Maximoff. Where would I be without you?" I ask.
"No idea and I don't want to know either. I must say though you lifting that axe was hot," she smirks.
"Really?" I ask. She bites her lip and nods.I kiss her passionately rolling her onto her back and straddling her. Wanda just smirked almost challenging me to move. So I climbed off her.
"What?" She says confused.
"Did you want something?" I ask smirking. She takes my hand putting it against her head showing me images of all the things she wants to do or for me to. Damn.
"I can't believe I ever thought you were sweet and innocent. Your mind is filthy Wanda," I tease.
"Are you going to keep talking or are you going to give me what I want?" She smirks as she takes off all her clothes throwing them at me. I laugh at her forwardness before giving in to my incredibly sexy wife.