Chapter 38

Y/N's POV:
We arrived at the second base and I was just praying this would be it for us. I needed to get home to Wanda and the kids.
"Alright same as yesterday simple stuff. If you find the lab call over comms," I instruct. We break in the door and I throw Mjolnir knocking out every guard I can see from the door. Securing the guards we move onto the next level. I let the new recruits take out this level no sign of a lab or the serum. The new recruits were actually pretty impressive. Wanda had done a great job working on their powers. Some of them had telekenisis, some had strength, speed, shape shifting and all of them had great control. The next level was clear too. I was starting to lose hope that we'd find it today. We move up to the next level and still no sign of the lab. I was annoyed now taking over fighting the guards I threw Mjolnir to take out one side of the level and punched and sped my way through the other. The recruits followed behind trapping the guards once they were wiped out. We get to the final level and still no lab.
"Please tell me you've got something Barnes," I plead with him.
"Nope it's all clear sorry Y/N," he apologises. Damn it I punch the wall in frustration. I just want to go home. Fury's men come in taking away the guards.
When I get outside I just want to smash something I'm so frustrated.
"Hey. Look at me. You'll be home by tomorrow evening for Wanda to cook for you ok?" Bucky assures me trying to calm me down.
"I can't do this anymore. None of this is worth the hurt it's causing my family every time I walk out that door," I explain.
"I know. Why don't we head back to the safe house and I'll buy us some beers?" He suggests.
"Ok."

We get on the jet flying to the safe house near the next location. I didn't understand why we couldn't just attack today but Fury's orders are final. We order Chinese for dinner and get some beers in. The new recruits were nice and pretty chatty. They all wanted to try lifting Mjolnir so I let them. None of them made it move an inch.
"Come on Grandma I bet I could outdrink you any day," one of the older new recruits challenged me they were 21 so I thought why not.
"Let's do this," I accept. We had to drink each beer within 10 minutes easy enough. I take my time knowing that if I drink it too quickly it'll fizz up and I won't be able to drink as much. The man child was cocky downing it straight away. By the time we get to the 5th beer he was struggling. And on the 6th beer he gave up.
"That's poor form. I mean Bucky and I could have about 30 of these before we needed to stop," I smirk.
"Only cause you've been around since the 1940's," he sulks.
"I'm only in my 40's so how did you work that one out. I don't know how you can be an Avenger and unable to do basic math," I query. He didn't know how to respond making Bucky and I laugh.

After 20 minutes or so the 10 beers I drank in an hour or so started to hit me. And I started to miss Wanda so I decided to go back to my room to call her. She answered the FaceTime and smiled.
"Have you been drinking?" She asks laughing.
"Only a little bit," I slur slightly.
"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. I miss you and can't wait to see you tomorrow," she laughs.
"I miss you too. God I miss holding you and kissing you and everything else," I sigh.
"You know the top drawer is missing you too," she smirks.
"Oh really?" I ask. She nods biting her lip.
"And what do you miss about me?" I inquire.
"Nothing," she teases me.
"Fine. I won't come home tomorrow I'll fly back to Australia and run off with that surfer girl," I quip back.
"No baby I'm sorry. I miss everything about you especially your arms," she smirks.
"What about my arms?" I inquire.
"The way they hold me," she says before biting her lip.
"Anything else?" I ask.
"Nothing I can say over the phone because you'd fly straight home to me and have to do something about it," she smirks.
"This is torture. I've been tortured and this is worse than that so much worse a million times worse," I sigh.
"I'm glad you still want me after all this time," Wanda says smiling.
"Babe you're the hottest person in the universe and from what Danvers tells me the universe is pretty massive. How could I not want you? You're a wonderful mother and wife. You're the love of my life. And when you look at me I just want to kiss you all the time and hold you never letting go not for a second," I explain.
"I love you so much Y/N," she declares giggling.
"I love you too. How are the kids?" I ask.
"They're good Pietro made a new friend Ryan. He's super smart so could be a good influence on him. Nat has made a new friend Cara but I don't think Maria is too happy about it. 3 is always a crowd," Wanda explains.
"I hope she doesn't hurt Maria. Pietro is meant to be the heartbreaker," I sigh.
"I wonder where he gets that from," she smirks.
"Bucky. You and I have been together for years now and I'd never break your heart," I assure her.
"Do you want me to stay on the phone until you fall asleep again?" She asks.
"Yes please."