Chapter 13

Wanda's POV:
I wanted to run after her but before I could say anything she was gone. I'd broken my promise to her. I told her I'd make her feel loved every single day instead I made her feel isolated and upset. Nat came back soon after Y/N had left so I spent the evening with her watching a new tv show she liked. I didn't want her to worry so I pretended everything was fine but it wasn't. Why did I act like such an ass?

I get up early heading down to Carol and Valkyrie's before I can get there I can see Y/N sat on our bench staring at the sky.
"Can I sit?" I ask her. She turns around and there are bags under her eyes and tear running down her face. She nods slowly.
"I'm so sorry Y/N. I never should've shut you out. I should've run after you and told you I loved you because I do so much. That person yesterday I don't know who that was. This one right here loves you
Y/N. I know I broke my promise to always make you feel loved. I'm just so sorry," I apologise sincerely. She doesn't say anything I just hear her cry.
"Do you really think that lowly of me that you'd think I'd use our son to get you to talk to me?" She asks tears in her eyes.
"I wasn't thinking. It was reactionary and I'm sorry."

She goes back to staring at the sky. I wrap my jacket around her shoulders so she's not cold giving her a quick kiss on the head before I go to walk back inside.
"Wait," she mumbles I turn around looking at her face and my god it hurt seeing how much I'd upset her.
"I just need to know why you didn't talk to me. Even when you're angry you always talk to me. Why was this time different?" She asks staring at the ground.
"Ok I'm going to be completely honest. I'm scared terrified of ageing because babe that means the time with you is getting shorter everyday is one day closer to losing you. You can't die Y/N ok? I can't handle that whatever you do please let me die first or we can do that thing that old people do where they die at the same time because they love each other so much. I didn't want to ruin Pietro's day by getting upset and having an existential crisis and upsetting you too but I guess I already did that. That's why I couldn't talk to you because if I say it, it becomes more real and I know it's crazy to be thinking about that when we've not long turned 40 but I never want to see a world where you're not in it," I explain tearfully. She finally looks up at me.
"You do realise I'm pretty invincible right? I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. You should've said all this to me before I left. I can't reassure you if I don't know what's going on. You've got to talk to me. I love you so much but yesterday hurt a lot. Just ask Carol I mean her shirt is literally stained with my tears. You have to be honest with me Wanda it's why our relationship is so good. We talk everything through and we don't hold back anything. Promise me Wanda that you'll be open with me," she requests.
"I promise you. Now will you come and spend the day on the sofa cuddling with me? Because I'm betting you didn't sleep either," I ask her. She smiles nodding. I cup her face and give her a gentle kiss.

She takes my hand and we go into valkyrie and Carol's to collect her bag. Carol glares at me so does Valkyrie. Y/N goes upstairs to collect her bag.
"What the fuck Wanda. That girl worships you and loves you so much. Why would you treat her like that?" Carol rants angrily.
"I know I messed up. I explained it all to Y/N but there's no excusing the way I treated her but it won't happen again I promise," I assure Carol.
"You better not Maximoff or I will hurt you. I don't care if I was your maid of honour. She means just as much to me as you do," Carol threatens. I nod in agreement. Y/N comes downstairs and smiles.
"Thank you for having me Carol," she says sweetly.
"You're welcome," Carol mumbles still glaring at me.

We head back to the house just in time for the kids coming downstairs. They look upset. Nat runs downstairs tackling Y/N in a hug.
"What's this for?" She asks concerned.
"Please don't leave us. I don't want you to get divorced," she mumbles crying.
"Sit down both of you," Y/N says.
"Your mom and I love each other way too much to ever get divorced. We will fight sometimes and I'm sorry that it affected your day Pietro. We'll make up for it.  No matter what happens though your mum and I will be together forever. We are a family nothing is ever going to break us apart. Ok?" She reassures them. They both nod. We kiss them both on the foreheads.
"What are your plans for today?" I ask the kids.
"I think I'm going to play football with Joseph and some of the other kids," Pietro says.
"Aunt Carol asked if I wanted to have a movie marathon with her so I'm going over there once breakfast is over," Nat adds. The kids eat breakfast quickly and head off to their plans.

Y/N and I climb into bed holding one another until we fall asleep. We wake up from our nap around 2 so I switch on some trash tv for us to zone out to. Y/N strokes my hair as I lay on her chest. I wanted to kiss her to make sure we were ok. Sitting up I look at her nervously.
"I haven't seen you this nervous to kiss me since our first kiss. Come here," she says smiling pulling me into a kiss. Every emotion from the past 2 days went into that kiss. She straddles me smiling down at me.
"I love you Wanda," she whispers kissing me passionately.
"I love you too."