Chapter 41

Wanda's POV:
I storm into Y/N's office after her.
"You always do this you can never admit when you're in the wrong," I yell at her.
"I haven't done anything wrong. You're just imagining things. When have I ever looked at another woman?" Y/N shouts back.
"I see the way you look at her. Is this what you want? You want to throw away 18 years of marriage over a woman you barely know," I ask.
"You're crazy. Completely insane. Do you know that? What is wrong with you? I don't feel anything for her," Y/N groans frustrated.
"I see the way you look at her Y/N. That's how you looked at me when we first met. If you want to be with her then fine but I'm not going to be around to watch," I sigh.
"What are you saying Wanda?" Y/N asks tearfully.
"This it it. I'm done," I yell storming out of her office crying running down the corridor. As soon as I get far enough out of eyesight I start smiling. I think that was pretty convincing. Let's just hope Y/N can keep her end of it up.

Y/N's POV:
I collapse on the chair in shock at what had just happened.
"Are you ok?" Grace asks walking in and shutting the door.
"How much of that did you hear?" I say embarrassed.
"A lot you were both shouting. What can I do to help? Do you want something to drink or eat?" She offers touching my arm.
"No I could use some company though," I smile sadly. She sits on the desk.
"Can you tell me something anything about yourself to take my mind off things? I never really got to know you. Why don't we start now?" I encourage her to talk.
"Well I grew up in a small town in Philly. My mother raised me singlehandedly. As soon as I turned 18 I moved to New York working all sorts of admin jobs. Then I found my way working for Fury and get sent all over the place. I like this job though and I prefer you as a boss to Fury," she rambles.
"I'm glad you prefer me to Fury. How are things going with Bucky? Or do you prefer the other person?" I inquire.
"Bucky's been nothing but a gentleman but I'm still drawn to the other person," she explains.
"Really? Why don't you tell them how you feel?" I encourage her.
"It's not really appropriate," she says stepping closer to me.
"Well does this person feel the same way about you?" I ask.
"Potentially. Do you think I should go for it?" She asks tracing her fingers up and down my arm.
"If that's what you want to do," I get her to take responsibility.
"Oh I do," she smirks leaning in. I move back and she falls on the floor.

"What the hell?" She asks.
"Why did you try to kiss me?" I inquire confused.
"Because you told me to," she states.
"No I didn't I said you should tell the person you like how you feel. Never did you once tell me it was me. How could you do this to Bucky? He's been nothing but good to you," I say disappointed.
"What is going on?" She asks confused.
"That's what I'd like to know," Bucky states annoyed.
"She came onto me," Grace tries to make me take the blame.
"No she didn't," Wanda smirks from behind him showing her the video footage on her laptop.
"This was a set up Bucky. You know how I feel about you," she says stroking his arm.
"Clearly you prefer Y/N. I don't want to hear any excuses. The funny thing is I was willing to be different what a waste of time," Bucky sighs walking out.
"Why did you set me up?" Grace asks confused.
"I didn't I just trust my wife when she says something is off about you. I'll call Fury and ask for a replacement assistant. I'm sorry it had to end this way," I apologise.
"Whatever," she says walking out. She clears her stuff from her desk and leaves the premises.

When we see her drive out of sight Wanda had the biggest smile on my face.
"You enjoyed that way too much," I laugh at her immaturity.
"I love being proved right. She had it coming. I think we should go and check on Bucky though poor guy," Wanda explains.
"Ok can you call Fury and explain everything while I go to check on him please?" I ask.
"Of course. I love you," she smirks kissing me gently.
"I love you too."

When I find Bucky he's sat on a bench staring into the distance with Luna sat next to him. I sit down next to him quietly.
"You need to tell me your secret. Why do all women just fall at your feet?" He asks sadly.
"I'm sorry Bucky. Listen Wanda and I can wingwoman you if you want. We can go on a night out or we can get you on tinder. What about the science teacher Darcy is it? She's hot but don't tell Wanda I said that or she'll kill me," I offer.
"Yeah I'm pretty sure Monica and her are friend so that may be a possibility. Pretty sure she has a girl crush on your wife though," he says laughing.
"I mean I don't blame her my wife is a goddess," I accept.
"Yeah I'm still not sure how you pulled that off," he teases.
"Neither am I but don't tell her that she may just realise after 18 years of marriage she made a huge mistake," I joke.
"She didn't. She loves you more than anything. You're a really good friend Y/N and an even better wife," he assures me.
"He's right," Wanda says sitting next to me leaving a kiss on my cheek.
"So Bucky I hear Darcy has a crush on you," Wanda smirks.
"Really?" He asks. Wanda nods. He gets up and walks off to find her.
"Well he got over her fast," I laugh.
"Thank you for trusting me," Wanda says.
"You're my wife of course I trust you," I assure her.
"I love you," she whispers kissing me gently.
"I love you too by the sounds of it so does Darcy," I giggle.
"Right I'm off to fight Bucky for her," Wanda teases running off. I catch up to her wrapping my arms around her waist and we slip falling on the floor. I smile down at her kissing her gently.
"Well this ended just how I wanted to," Wanda smirks.
"How about we go back to my office?" I suggest.
"Let's go," she says pulling me down for a kiss.