Epilogue

10 years later

Y/N's POV:
"Are you ready?" Nat asks from behind the door.
"I'm so glad I wore waterproof make up," Wanda whispers making me laugh.
"Yes we're ready," I reply. The door opens and out walks Nat in the most beautiful white gown. I bite my lip to stop myself from crying.
"Oh my god Nat. You look so beautiful. When did you get so grown up?" I mumble in awe of my stunning daughter.
"Thanks Mom. Around the time you started getting wrinkles," she jokes.
"Sorry what was that? Did you say you were paying for your own wedding?" I quip back.
"Behave you two. Nat you look wonderful," Wanda instructs composing herself.
"Thank you. I'm really excited. I've been waiting for this day for 11 years," Nat mumbles blushing.
"I know. You're just as romantic as your mother," Wanda says kissing me on the cheek. The door opens and in walks Pietro.
"I thought you had to be pure to wear white," he teases her. She gave him the Wanda head tilt. Run Pietro. She grabs him by her powers levitating him on the ceiling.
"I thought you had to be a decent person to be Captain America," she quipped back.
"Alright you two that's enough. Nat put your brother down. Pietro stop being an ass or I'll take that shield off you and you can give me Mjolnir back too," I declare. She puts him down and they both apologise. Things never change.
"Are you ready?" I ask Nat offering her my arm.
"As I'll ever be," she says taking it.

We walk down to the beach where the ceremony was going to take place. Sam would be walking Maria down the aisle but I was walking Nat down first. We waited at the top to greet people as they arrived. Carol's face was all red and blotchy.
"Did you have an allergic reaction or something?" I ask Carol concerned.
"No she's been crying since the second we landed," Valkyrie sighs.
"That was two days ago," Wanda says confused and Valkyrie just nods laughing.
"I feel really old ok. My two favourite kids are getting married. It's just all very emotional," Carol explains.
"Ok Grandma let's get you a seat," Valkyrie laughs taking Carol down to the seats a row behind us.

As everyone took their seats I could sense Nat start to feel the volume of the occasion.
"Hey look at me. You've got this. It's going to be a beautiful ceremony and you're marrying your soulmate. All of this is for other people forget about them when you're saying your vows put everyone else out of your mind just focus on Maria. That's the only person that matters today. Ok?" I assure her.
"Ok I'm ready," she says smiling. I nod to the pianist and they start playing the tune. Nat takes my arm and we walk down the aisle.

When I walk her past Wanda I wink at her making her smile. Pietro stands next to Nat as her best man as I sit down next to Wanda. Since leaving school they'd become really close. There was something about fighting alongside each other that made you bonded. A few years back we thought we might lose Nat, she got a really bad head injury. Pietro was the one that got us all through it. He didn't leave her side the entire time. He was our rock. After that she asked him to be her best man. The music starts playing and we all stand up turning around to see Maria she looks wonderful. Carol starts crying again as expected making me laugh a little.

During the vows I just kept looking at Wanda, she was everything I could've dreamed of. Sitting next to her nearly 30 years later watching our daughter get married to the love of her life is more than I ever could have dreamed. I just wish my parents could've been here to see it. Mum died 5 years after Dad. It was nice to know that they were together and she was happy again. Jord did not take it well. He hit the bottle and Charlie came close to leaving him it got so bad but Jord couldn't lose him so he checked himself into a rehab facility and is doing a lot better.
"I now pronounce you wife and wife, you may now kiss," The officiator says and everyone starts cheering as they do. I dry Wanda's tears kissing her gently.
"Thank you. I love you," she whispers as we walk back up the aisle to the get photos taken before heading to the ceremony.

For the family photo the photographer looked shocked when all our extended family got in; Jord and Charlie; Carol and Valkyrie; Bucky and Darcy; Peter, MJ and Anthony. Thor even jumped in. I looked around at the friends and family I had made and I just felt so grateful for all of them. Wanda had given me the perfect life, home and family. She was everything to me and she always would be.

The meal was wonderful but I was quite scared for what Pietro was going to come out with when it came to the toast.
"I remember teasing Nat over a text from Maria when we were 14. Maria had said she was beautiful and I did not stop winding her up about it. It got to the point she levitated me on the ceiling. She does that a lot actually now that I think about it. Anyway I did not think that 11 years later I would be stood here at their wedding but here we are. I was going to say welcome to the family Maria but you've always been a part of it really. Maria must be some sort of saint to put up with Nat for this long, that's how I know they'll be together forever. The only other couple on this planet that are as made for each other as these two are my parents. I wish for Nat and Maria the love and happiness that they have had and still continue to have after all these years. So if you could all raise your glasses to my sister and her beautiful wife Maria, To Nat and Maria," Pietro speaks eloquently. I was absolutely in shock.
"Where did that come from?" I ask him.
"Well over the years I've listened to a lot of your speeches at school and declarations of love for Mom and I picked up a few things," he explains.
"That explains the trail of heartbreaks that follows you," I laugh.
"I'll settle down when the right woman comes along. They've got to meet some pretty high expectations though the women in my life are pretty special," he says smiling.
"Don't say that to your mom she'll start crying again," I tease Wanda who smacks me on the arm.
"It's an emotional day. I'm allowed to cry," she warns me.
"Yes you are. And you still look beautiful anyway," i say kissing her gently to which she blushes.

Nat and Maria have their first dance and it's so beautiful to just watch their love. When everyone else joins in I bow in front of Wanda.
"May I have this dance?" I ask.
"Of course you can," she says taking my hand. We sway from side to side.
"We really made it," Wanda whispers.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"I mean I always wanted all of this with you. We got engaged and married so quickly a tiny part of me thought it wouldn't last but here we are 30 years later still as in love as we were back then. Our kids are Avengers and so happy. They had a wonderful childhood. This is the happy ending that movies and books talk about," Wanda explains.
"It really is and my love here's to 30 more years," I say kissing her gently.
"I love you Y/N Maximoff," she whispers smiling.
"I love you too Wanda Maximoff, my home, my person and my love. Always and forever."

So that's the end of Wanda's Family. Thank you so much for all your support from Wanda's Apprentice to this story. I really appreciate every vote and comment. I hope you've enjoyed reading them. This arc was my first try at writing so saying goodbye to this story was hard. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
I'm currently working on a Nat x Wanda x Reader story and a Lizzie one that I haven't published yet. Please check out the Last Experiment if you haven't already. It's also on my TikTok which is @womenofmarvel_