Chapter 5

Y/N's POV:
It was Friday and Nat was excited about her sleepover. Pietro was going to stay in the dorms having a sleepover with Joseph so we decided to have a party. All our friends including the Guardians and Jord and Charlie were coming into town so we decided to have a Party. Bruce said he'd child mind for Sam and Monica he wasn't really one for partying and we had a caretaker who looked after the boarding house. I can't remember the last time we had a party without our kids being here. We had a bar built just like the one at HQ but it was cooler. You can pour your own pints straight from the draught. We got this fancy new cocktail maker that we've wanted to try out. We hired a couple of bar tenders for the evening.

Wanda and I got all dressed up like we used to for parties in HQ. She looked stunning as usual. I bring her in for a long kiss.
"I'm starting to regret hosting this party. I'd much rather stay here with you," I whisper in her ear before kissing down her neck.
"We can always leave the party early. Come on our guests are waiting," she says teasing me before she takes my hand and we walk downstairs to wait outside for the guardians ship to arrive. When the jet lands I head straight for Carol and Valkyrie. We hadn't seen them for nearly a year.
"We missed you too," Carol says hugging me while Valkyrie greets Wanda. Once everyone arrives we head inside to reminisce and drink ourselves silly.

"So how's Nat and Pietro?" Jord asks. We are sat in a group with Carol, Charlie and Valkyrie.
"Nat's got a crush on Maria actually. Pietro made a friend Joseph Carter he's related to Sharon and Peggy," Wanda explains. Carol's face light.
"You mean my two favourite kids are going to end up together. I'm taking all the credit," Carol says.
"I don't even think they've spoken about it. We only found out cause Pietro snitched," I add. We continue to reminisce about our past. A lot of it involves Carol being as vein as ever.

After a while Peter suggests we play truth or dare as a drinking game.
"How old are you Peter?" Valkyrie asks.
"Aw come on Peter was never old enough to drink with us and play with us when we were at HQ," Wanda backs him up.
"Alright Wanda truth or dare?" Carol asks.
"Truth."
"Is it true that when Y/N built the house she got your bedroom sound proofed?" Carol challenges her. I choke on my drink and Wanda blushes how the hell did people know.
"Yes," Wanda muttered embarrassed. Thor smiles brightly winking at both of us while Peter looks confused. He's still so innocent poor man child.
"Ok Y/N truth or dare?" Wanda asks.
"Dare," I pick.
"I dare you to try to lift Stormbreaker." I've always wanted to try but I never thought I was worthy. I walk over to stormbreaker and I'm nervous. When I go to lift it, there is movement one end of it screeches while the other starts to lift. It won't go any further. Everyone looks at me a little shocked.
"Wait what's happening?" I ask Thor.
"You know the last person that did that was Cap. He eventually lifted it when he let go of his final guilt or secret. Something for you to think about Y/N," Thor explains. What secret? What guilt? I was lost. I sit down next to Wanda and she beams at me.
*why are you smiling like that?* I ask
*you're almost worthy that's impressive* she thinks as she smirks.

We all get bored of drinking games so just start dancing around and taking shots, it was starting to get really messy. Everyone was jumping and singing along to the music. I'd really missed this. All of us having a good time together.

Suddenly Natasha comes running in crying. I grab Wanda and we take her into the lounge.
"What's wrong honey?" I ask her.
"I... tried to tell... Maria I liked her... and she said she doesn't like me like that... she likes Pietro," Nat mumbles into my shirt her tears now soaking it. Wanda goes and gets Monica and Sam cause she knew I was angry.
"I've got a tub of ice cream in the freezer, a box of tissues and Mean girls with our name on it. Come with me," I take her into our movie room leaving her to set up the movie while I go to find Sam and Monica.
"What's happened?" Monica asks.
"From the sounds of it Maria was getting close to Nat cause she likes Pietro so you should probably go talk to her and teach her not to use people," i mutter angrily.
"I'm sorry Y/N. I thought she liked her too," Monica apologises before Sam and her walk out.
"Babe," Wanda says holding my hand.
"Don't... Nat's in the movie room with a tub of ice cream you go and sit with her while I explain what's happened," I reply walking off. The music isn't playing anymore and everyone was sat in silence looking at me.
"What happened?" Carol asks.
"Teen drama you know how it is. We'll be with Nat in the movie room. Keep partying the bartenders are here until 1 so enjoy your night. I'm sorry about all this," I explain turning the music back on. Carol and Valkyrie follow me out of the room.

Seeing Nat so distraught hurt a lot. I was so protective of her. Carol brings her in for a hug with Valkyrie.
"Why doesn't she like me?" Nat asks Carol.
"Look... sometimes, the people we like don't like us back, and it's painful, but there's nothing we can do about it," Carol tries to explain.
"You don't understand."
"I do. I do understand. I know what it's like when someone doesn't feel the same way about you. It's... someone you can't stop thinking about. It hurts. But you can't make people like you," Carol tries to comfort her.
"I don't like her...I love her," Nat mumbles breaking my heart.
"I know. But love isn't about grand gestures, or the moon and the stars. It's just dumb luck. And sometimes, you meet someone who feels the same way. And then sometimes you're unlucky. But one day, you're gonna meet someone who appreciates you for who you are. I mean, there's seven billion people on the planet. I know one of them is gonna climb up on a moon for you," Carol explains bringing her in for a tight hug. Nat finally starts smiling.

As Valkyrie and Carol had a handle on it. I take Wanda's hand leading us both into the kitchen to make some popcorn.
"I'm sorry Wanda. I shouldn't have snapped. It's not ok for me to speak to you like that. I'm just so angry. Seeing our little girl like that really hurting I can't stand it," I apologise to my wife. She wraps her arms around my shoulders bringing me in for a kiss.
"It's ok. I actually found it kind of hot when you told Sam and Monica off," she smirks at me. I roll my eyes and smile.
"I love you Wanda. I just want our kids to find someone who loves them as much as we love each other. Someone who will never hurt them. I know she's young but I never want her heart to break," I explain.
"She will. I know it. So Maria isn't the one for her. That's ok. She'll find someone," Wanda comforts me.
"I should probably apologise to Sam and Monica. I'll go down there now," I say kissing her before I run off to their house.

I take a deep breath before knocking on the door. Monica answers it.
"Hey I'm so sorry I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. It's not your fault. Kids are kids," I apologise sincerely.
"You should come in and talk to Maria. We just did and I think it makes a lot more sense when you do," Monica invites me in. Maria is sat on the sofa in tears.
"I'm sorry Mrs Maximoff. I didn't mean to upset Nat. At my school I liked this girl and I was bullied for it so I started to think it was wrong. So when Nat told me about how she felt... I lied. I hadn't spoken to my parents before about any of it but now that I have. I know it's ok. Can I see her please?" I nod accepting her apology. I knew what that was like better than anyone. We head back up to the house and into the movie room. When Wanda and Carol see Maria their eyes start to glow.
"Ok relax you two let Maria explain," I instruct them. Maria explains what happened to all of them. Nat starts smiling a little.
"Will you go to the dance with me tomorrow night?" Maria asks.
"I'd like that," Nat says giving her a hug. Nat goes back with Maria, Sam and Monica with a smile plastered on her face. Carol and Valkyrie go back to the party.

Wanda and I stay in the movie room to clear up.
"I'm proud of you for apologising and listening to Maria. It's crazy to think you're the same person as that hot head who arrived at HQ," Wanda says bringing me in for a kiss.
"Thank you. Now I don't really want to go back to the party. I'd much rather we had an early night," I say smirking at her. She smiles back taking my hand leading me up the stairs. The perfect end to a very eventful evening,