Chapter 25

Y/N's POV:
It's been a month since the funeral and I was somewhat coping but sometimes I'd just ring his phone leaving a voicemail of what I'd done that day. Wanda was being as supportive as she could but it was hard. I needed to actually deal with it. Wanda suggested I write about it and maybe that would help me. I woke up early so spent the morning writing what I felt what I wanted to say. I didn't know if it was helping but it was the outlet.
"You ok babe?" Wanda mumbles sleepily as she opens her eyes.
"I couldn't sleep so I started writing like you told me to. I don't think it's any good but I think it might be helping," I explain.
"I'm glad," she says smiling tiredly.
"I'm sorry Wanda. You've been so patient and supportive and I've fought you every step of the way. You deserve better," I mumble sadly.
"Hey you're grieving there's no set timeline or timescale. When I made my vows I meant them. I'll be here however long it takes because I love you," she assures me. I can't help but smile throwing my book to the side. Moving closer to Wanda I kiss her passionately.
"I love you too," I assure her rejoining our lips. It felt so good to kiss her again properly. I wanted her. I needed her.
"Are you sure?" She asks me stroking the hair out of my face.
"I'm sure," I say before kissing her neck. Her moans tell me she's missed this. I'd missed it too and being close to her so much. She used our powers to take off both of our clothes.
"Someone's eager," I tease her. She nods her head biting her lip. I rejoin our lips hungrily. We needed each other our bodies craved one another.

A few hours later we get ready for the day feeling content and connected to each other.
"God I've missed that," she smirks.
"Me too. I'm sorry it's been so long. I just didn't fell ready until today," I say sadly.
"Never apologise to me for dealing with your emotions. I love you Y/N. I'd wait forever if I had to," Wanda assures me.
"You know I can't stay away from you for that long. I just wanted to be ready and not use it as a coping mechanism or for any other reason than I love you and I want to be close to you. Does that make sense?" I ask her.
"Yeah it does. I'm glad you waited until you felt ready. I actually have something for you. Your mom gave it to me when she asked me to help her. She told me only to give it to you when I felt you were ready," Wanda says going to her draw and pulling out a letter.
"Do you think I'm ready?" I ask. She nods rubbing me on the back.

Dear Y/N,
I'm sorry our time together id over but what a great time it was. Seeing you become a kind, caring and loving parent was one of the greatest joys of my life. It's going to be ok. You're strong and wise beyond your years. Just take care of your mom for me ok? And let Wanda love and support you through your grief. She's a good one. I think she's probably the best thing that's ever happened to you. Knowing that she's there to take care of you and love you makes leaving you that bit easier. I'm sorry I won't be able to see your kids grow up. They're such good people. You're a great mother
Y/N. Never doubt that. I'm so proud of you and everything you have achieved.
All my love,
Dad x

By the time I finish reading the letter my eyes are full with tears, not necessarily sad ones but ones of acceptance.
"You were right. I needed to read that. Thank you," I say gratefully.
"You're welcome. I'm proud of you for getting to this stage." Wanda kisses me on the cheek in support.
"Did I ever mention how much I love you?" I ask.
"Only a few times. We better go and see what trouble the twins are causing,"Wanda says taking my hand. We head downstairs to find the twins sitting quietly eating breakfast that was weird.
"What did you two do?" Wanda asks.
"Nothing," they say in unison.
"Pietro," Wanda says tilting her head.
"We may have accidentally forgotten to take the dog for a walk this morning and she may have potentially  done her business in the bar," Pietro explains.
"One or two?" I ask.
"Two," Nat mumbles.
"Have you cleared it up?" Wanda asks. They nod.
"Well ok then. It's just one of those things," I assure them. You can see the relief on their faces.

We sit and eat breakfast quietly. Pietro had opened up to Bucky but still hasn't really spoken to us about Dad.
"So it's getting to the stage where we need to think about where we want to go on holiday this summer. So where do you want to go?" I ask.
"Somewhere hot," Pietro says eating his cereal.
"Ok Nat anywhere specific?" Wanda inquires.
"No. You and mom were thinking about Australia I think I'd like that," she mumbles finishing her food.
"How did you know that?" I ask confused.
"I used my powers," she says nonchalant.
"I'm glad you're learning a lot at school but please ask in future," Wanda requests.
"Ok sorry. I'm getting pretty good at it. Maria let's me read her mind whenever I want to," Nat mumbles.
"Alright then Australia it is," I say getting my laptop out.

We spend the rest of the day planning out flights and hotels as well as what we want to do while we are there. The football was on too which helped the mood even more. It was nice to have something positive to look forward to. Pietro seemed to smile a little bit too.
"Hey Pietro let's go for a run," I suggest. He nods putting his trainers on as do I. We head outside starting to run. After a few minutes I decide to broach the subject.
"You know your mom gave me a letter today that your grandpa wrote before he passed. Would you like to read it?" I offer. He nods smiling.
"He's right you're the best mom," he says with a bright smile.
"Even better than your other mom?" I ask.
"I mean I think you're equal but I get away with more with her," he replies honestly.
"That's true. It's cause you remind her of her brother. How are you feeling? Your mom and I have been worried you haven't really spoken much about Grandpa," I inquire concerned.
"I'm not as sad anymore. Reading the letter helped definitely. I talked to Uncle Bucky a little bit and that helped. He talked to me about his friend Steve and what it was like to lose him. It felt good to talk to him about it. I didn't want to talk to you or mom about because I didn't want to upset you more," he explains.
"Listen Pietro. Looking after you and listening to you is my job. Never worry about upsetting me. What upsets me is that you felt you couldn't talk to us. Please talk to us in future ok?" I request.
"Ok. I love you Mom," he says hugging me tightly.
"I love you too. Now let's have a race 3 laps starting now," I challenge him. He was fast so fast. I just beat him but he was catching up to me. The boy was going to be insanely fast.

We head back inside and Pietro was smiling widely. He says goodnight to Wanda heading upstairs to bed humming.
"He's so happy. What did you do?" She asks excitedly.
"We talked honestly and openly. He read the letter and nearly beat me in a race. He says we are equally his favourites but you're more of a pushover," I explain.
"I'm glad you talked to him. He's right I am a pushover. His personality is just a mix of you and my brother and his eyes are all you. I can't say no to either of those things," she says wrapping her arms around my waist.
"Right I'm going for a shower. Will my beautiful wife be joining me or I will i be lonely?" I smirk.
"You don't have to ask me twice."