Chapter 36

Y/N's POV:
Working in a school meant you have first day of term nerves. Wanda sent me to sleep using her powers knowing how nervous I was. I was so lucky to have her. She was so attentive and loving. I wanted to thank her for everything so I got her something for our first day back. She looked so beautiful when she slept as well as every time of day too. I could look at her forever and not get bored. She just got more beautiful with every passing day.
"Are you watching me sleep Y/N?" she asks smiling sleepily.
"I like to admire my beautiful wife. So sue me," I smirk. She kisses me climbing on top of me.
"Actually I'd rather do something else," she says kissing me again running her hands through my hair.

When we're getting ready Wanda looks beautiful and I know this is the perfect time to give her the present.
"Hey babe," I say trying to get her attention.
"Yeah?" She asks.
"You know you've been so supportive over the last year with the school, my dad and my grief. I wanted to get you something to say thank you. I know you say that's what you're here for but Wanda I wouldn't have survived this year without you. I love you so much Wanda," I explain handing her the box. She opens it to see a diamond necklace.
"This is beautiful. Babe you shouldn't have but I do love it. Thank you so much," she says gratefully kissing me gently.
"You're welcome turns out the principal's salary is pretty decent," I laugh. She moves her hair to one side and hands me the box. I take the necklace and put it on her, kissing her neck gently.
"I love you Wanda Maximoff," I whisper.
"I love you too my beautiful wife," she says kissing me gently.

We walk down to the school together and I kiss Wanda goodbye wishing her luck on the first day. Luna follows me to my new office. Fury had provided me with a new assistant her name was Grace. She seemed like a nice lady but I didn't think I really needed her.
"Good Morning Grace. What's the plan for today?" I inquire.
"Well there's nothing in particular that you have to do. In terms of the school we have power assessments running for the 11-14's this morning and then they have an education assessment this afternoon. The 15-18's have the reverse. Fury would like you to call him letting him know of the older age group who's considering joining the Avengers and what their powers are. You have a gift basket on your desk from your mom wishing you good luck on your first day. That's all," she explains.
"Thank you Grace. Is there anything I can do for you? I'd like you to feel valued. People think principals run the school but it's the staff around them that really do it making them look good," I reply.
"No thank you Mrs Maximoff," she says quietly.
"Please call me Y/N. It makes me sound old when people call me by my surname," I laugh.
"Ok Y/N. Would you like me to get you anything? A tea or coffee or a water. Your wife informed me that you like orange juice in the mornings I can get you one of those if you'd like," she offers.
"How about I get myself an orange juice and you one if you'd like? I feel lazy just sitting around," I request.
"That would be lovely. Thank you Y/N," she replies smiling.
"I'll be right back."

I head to the kitchen to welcome back our canteen staff as they keep the school running. Getting both Grace and I an orange juice. I look in on the power assessments just so I can see Wanda's face. She was so good with the kids and she looked beautiful. Wanda obviously heard my thoughts and turned around smiling.
*I love you* I think as I leave.
*I love you too* she replies. I hand Grace the orange juice and she thanks me before I go into my office where Luna was sat. She was a great companion.

Being a principal is boring. I go through and answer emails, I do some administration stuff but by lunch time I feel like a part of my soul died.
"Grace would you like to join me for lunch?" I ask.
"Who'll look after the calls you're missing?" Grace inquires.
"Divert them to my phone. Come on I'll introduce you to everyone," I assure her. We walk into the lunch hall where Wanda is waiting for me with a smile on her face. She looks confused when she sees Grace next to me. I grab my lunch and sit down next to Wanda pulling the seat out next to me for Grace.
"Hey how was this morning?" I ask kissing my wife on the cheek.
"There are so many kids with so many different powers. Carol and Monica helped me so we got through them all. If we're going to increase the number of students again next year we're going to have to recruit more people like us," Wanda explains.
"Ok I'll speak to Fury and see who he can get us in contact with," I reassure her.
"Thanks babe. How was your morning?" She asks.
"It was boring. I got Grace and I some orange juice and then I answered emails and did some paperwork," I explain.
"Sounds exciting," she teases. Bucky sits down opposite us and takes an immediate eye to Grace.
"Bucky this is Grace, Grace this is James Buchanan Barnes but everyone calls him Bucky," I introduce them.
"It's a pleasure to meet you," he says shaking her hand smirking.
"You too Mr Barnes," she replies blushing slightly.
"Grace I'll see you later. I'm going to call my mother back to thank her for the gift basket. Do you want to come with me Wanda?" I suggest.
"That sounds like a great idea," she says smirking at Bucky.

We get to my office and both burst out laughing.
"Your mother really did send you a gift basket. I thought you were making it up," Wanda says opening it.
"Hey that's mine," I state wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her away from the basket.
"Sharing is caring Y/N. Remember what I shared with you yesterday right in this very room," she smirks biting my bottom lip earning a moan.
"Fine you can have something but if you tease me like that again there will be consequences," I smirk spanking her gently. She smirks back at that. Using her powers she shows me images of what she would want me to do to her. Holy shit.
"That is not fair. You're going back to class now and I'm left here by myself with that image. What am I meant to do?" I sulk.
"Plan how you're going to thank me tonight," she whispers kissing my neck.
"I hate you," I shout as she opens the door leaving my office.
"Whatever you say Y/N," she laughs.

The rest of the day went agonisingly slowly. At around 5 everyone else had gone back to their dorms or gone home. I walk out of my office to send Grace home but Bucky's there talking to her.
"Hey Grace you can go. I just have to call Fury and lock up," I assure her.
"Thank you Y/N. Have a good evening," she says. I check the cameras of all the rooms in the school, my office doesn't have one, as they're all clear I lock all the doors except from my office one and the front door so I can leave. While I'm on my call with Fury Wanda appears at the door smirking. She uses her powers to shut the blinds and the door. I gulp.
"Thanks for that Fury. I should probably head home now," I say ending the phone call.
"I thought we could finish what I started," she states walking towards me. Using my powers to clear the desk I kiss Wanda passionately lifting her onto it. She takes off my blazer and starts unbuttoning my shirt. This was definitely going to be worth the wait.