Chapter 23

Wanda's POV:
It's been three months since Y/N got Mjolnir and luckily for us she hasn't had to use it. Fury decided it was a good idea for us to take the kids to Avengers HQ to show them what the future could look like for them. Bruce was staying behind to watch Luna. He never really liked HQ since Thanos. I think it reminded him too much of Nat.

The bus journey was maybe an hour but my goodness was it loud. Y/N and I sat at the front with MJ and Peter in the middle of the bus and Monica, Sam and Bucky at the back. The kids were singing along to Y/N's playlist. Turns out they had pretty good music taste. Y/N basically serenaded me for the whole hour making me blush and laugh. It was going to be strange going back but it held so many happy memories from Y/N and I's first few years together.

As we pulled up to HQ the sounds of impression echoed through the bus. We let Peter lead the tour of HQ so he could ramble on. Y/N and I bring up the back of the line.
"You know being back her brings back so many flashbacks and memories of when we first met," Y/N says.
"You were so clumsy. I'm pretty sure you kept bumping into me on purpose," I tease her.
"You wish Wanda. I was really just that clumsy. As smooth as I like to think I was in winning you over I was actually a complete mess. I mean I never thought in a million years that you'd even like women let alone like me," she recalls.
"I mean from our first date you were very smooth. You won me over with every passing second. I was so desperate to kiss you on that first date. No matter what happened or how bad the date was I probably would've gone for a kiss anyway," I say truthfully.
"You really were obsessed with me. I think you still are," she teases.
"Maybe a little bit," I admit blushing.
"That's ok cause I'm extremely obsessed with you," she assures me. The kids are far ahead of us now so I kiss her properly.
"Do you miss it? Being here?" I ask.
"Yes in that this is the place I first fell in love with you but no in the fact that the memories we've build together since leaving here have been everything I've ever dreamed of," she explains making me smile.
"Me too. Come on we better go and save the kids before Peter rambles them to death," I say dragging her to catch up with the kids.

The kids had all been made a packed lunch so we all sat out on the lawn and ate soaking in the sun. It really was a beautiful place. Y/N's phone starts to ring.
"Hey Jord are you ok?" She asks putting him on loud speaker.
"You need to come home. It's Dad he's in hospital again. You need to get here now," Jord instructs hanging up the phone. Y/N just sits there in shock.
"Babe come on I'll go and get a car. You grab the kids and let Sam and Monica know what's happening," I say trying to get her back to reality. She nods as she gets up.

I pull up with the car and the kids and Y/N get in. She was in no fit state to drive still in complete shock. Nat and Pietro were crying in the back. I put my foot down to try and get us there as quick as I can. Cutting the usual time down by half we pull up to the hospital and Y/N tares inside to find Jord and her mom. Eventually we catch up and she's holding onto Jord crying. He just looks at me shaking his head. No not Phil. He was such a good man. Ok this is not your time to get upset Wanda you have to be there for Y/N through this. She sees me and hugs me tightly breaking down while Jord comforts the kids.
I sit on the chair where she holds onto me falling apart as she soaks my shirt in her tears. We're sat there like that for an hour before the doctor allows us to go in and see him to say our goodbyes.

Y/N's POV:
I clung onto Wanda like my life depended on it. Mom went in to see him first with Jord. I tried to compose myself for the kids.
"Ok so do you want to see him?" I ask both of them. They shook their heads I didn't blame them.
"That's ok. You should remember Grandpa as you knew him. Not like this. We're going to be ok," I assure them both. They hug me tightly while Nat tries to hold back her tears.
"You don't have to stop yourself from crying Nat. It's normal and it's good to let your emotions out ok?" Wanda says. Nat nods allowing herself to let the emotions take over while Wanda holds her.
"Are you ok?" I ask Pietro. His bottom lip starts to tremble while he nods.
"I know," I whisper holding onto him as he lets himself cry.

Jord and Mom walk out trying to stay strong. Mom takes my hand squeezing it. Ok Y/N think what do you want to say. Wanda takes my arm as we walk into his room. He looked so peaceful it was almost as if he was asleep.
"Hey Dad. I miss you already. Don't worry I'll look after Mom. I just wish I'd got more time with you. You know before you I'd never met a man that was kind and caring and accepting. You liked to say that your legacy was us kids and in a way it is but it's also your grandkids. The way we raise Pietro is based on everything you taught me and who you were as a person. If Pietro turns out half the man you were then I'll be so happy. I don't know what else to say. You were the person I came to everything with. When Wanda fell pregnant I came straight to you to ask advice on how to raise them you told me to trust my gut and parent them the way I wish I was. When we got engaged you sat me down and taught me how to be an attentive and loving wife. I know we'll be ok without you because everyday you taught me something new and now I have all this knowledge and understanding. There's a big part of me that is you and I'll carry you with me everyday. I love you Dad," I say trying not to get too upset. Looking at Wanda she was trying not to cry. He meant a lot to her too. She wanted to say something so I just held her hand giving her time.
"When I came to you to ask for your permission to marry your daughter you were so supportive welcoming me into your family with open arms. I made you a promise to make your daughter feel loved everyday and to make her happy. I hope I do that and I'll try everyday to keep doing that. Thank you for being a wonderful Grandpa to our kids. They have so many loving and happy memories with you that they'll cherish for the rest of their lives. We're all going to really miss you. I'll look after Y/N I promise," Wanda spoke beautifully. We walk out of the room to our family with a hole in our hearts.

Wanda booked us a room at the hotel nearby for the 4 of us to stay in. We had no clothes or anything so she took the kids shopping while I helped Mom and Jord make phone calls and arrangements. There was so much to plan and organise. My phone rings and it's Fury.
"Hey kid. I just wanted to check in," Fury says sweetly.
"Yeah I'm ok. I don't know how long I'm going to be gone for. I'm sorry to leave you in the lurch I just have to be here right now," I explain.
"There's no rush. I'll keep an eye on things here just take your time," he assures me.
"Thank you," I say before he hangs up.

A few hours later the funeral arrangements are made the calls were finished and we were all exhausted. Charlie helped us once he'd closed the salon. Wanda came to the house with the kids and a takeout.
"I know none of you want to eat right now I get it but you have to. I went to the restaurant and got your favourites. If you were going to eat anything it was going to be this," she explains putting the bag on the table. Mom just gets up and hugs her.
"She's so lucky to have you," she says squeezing Wanda tight. Mom gets the plates out and a bottle of wine and some beers. We sit and eat and drink in silence with a cloud of sadness hanging over us as we all looked at the empty chair that would remain that way.