Chapter 18

Wanda's POV:
A few days later a group of senators and officials came to the school to essentially interrogate us. We set them up in the lecture hall where Fury usually gives his speeches. Luckily we were pretty well prepared. Y/N had done a great job of ensuring everything was ready. The senator did a long speech about why they were here and what the purpose of the council was for. They asked to speak to her first as I guess she was the principal.
"So Miss Y/L/N what made you want to run a school and think you're qualified to run one?" The senator asks.
*Stay Calm babe he's trying to rile you up* I think praying she can hear me.
"My name is Mrs Y/N Maximoff and I would like to be referred to as such if that's not too much trouble. I didn't want to run a school at all but my children were being bullied every single day while the teachers sat there watching. Homophobic slurs shouted in their faces all while your schools stood by and punished my kids for standing up for themselves when no one else would. I decided to create a safe environment for kids with abilities to learn their powers and be educated by people like them and judging by the data in front of you I think we've achieved that goal. What qualifies me to run a school? It's not just me that runs the school we each have our own responsibilities. The pack in front of you details each of those. I'm simply a teacher who I guess can be considered the face of the school only because I thought of the idea. The school runs on generosity of staff and sponsors who believe in the work we do. The kids are happy and content. We're ensuring these children have better control on their powers so when they go out in the world they're safe. And if they want to they can save all of you which my staff have done countless times," she speaks eloquently. The women on the panel were impressed.
"So what you're saying is your not qualified to run the school?" He asks angrily.
"That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the school works similarly to the senate. The president of the senate oversees things as I do but every senator is equally important in order for the senate to achieve the goals they set out to," she replies smartly. I even saw one of the women on the end of the panel trying not to laugh.
"Ok thank you Mrs Maximoff. We'll take a quick break and then we'd like to speak to Wanda Maximoff," he states dismissing her. She takes my hand and we head outside to get some air.

When we get out of eyesight she sits on our bench and breathes a sigh of relief.
"Honestly Y/N that was sexy the way you showed him up was priceless. The women on the panel like you to no surprise and I think even the men were impressed," I compliment her.
"You think so?" She asks unsure of herself.
"I do I didn't even have to read their minds you can just tell," I assure Y/N. She looks up at me and smiles. I give her a quick kiss trying not to smudge my lipstick.
"How are you feeling?" She asks.
"Nervous but I know you'll be with me the whole time to coach me through it. We better head back," I say taking her hand.

When we get inside I head straight into the hot seat.
*You've got this Wanda* Y/N thinks making me smile.
"So Mrs Maximoff what are your day to day responsibilities at the school?" The senator asks.
"I work mainly with the kids on controlling their powers. Every power requires different training and understanding in order to control it," I explain.
"How qualified would you say you are to teach this children how to control their powers?" He challenges me.
"Senator I spend everyday controlling my own powers. I spent years learning how to do that alone as I had no one to help me or guide me or understand what drove them. Slowly but surely these kids are learning how to stop their emotions from taking over and allowing their powers to control them. You take Martha Thomas for example she's a shape shifter she could only transform when she was scared or felt threatened and found it really hard to transform back to her human state. Now she can transform on command and found an anchor to bring her back to her human form. See not all powers are the same but controlling them as it does with anything relies heavily on controlling emotions," I explain.
"So you'd say you have a much better control on your own powers compared to say Westview?" He smirks.
*It's ok babe don't let him get to you you've worked through this you've got this* Y/N assures me.
"Yes I do. I think if I had this school where I could learn control and be coached through my powers then it would've never have happened. Why don't you ask Monica Rambeau? She was there and that gave her her powers. I think she's better apt to answer this question," I reply calmly.
"Ok Mrs Rambeau would you agree with Mrs Maximoff's statement?" He asks.
"Yes I would. She may have given me this powers but she also helped me to control them and teach my own daughter how to control hers. Her level of control on her powers now are what every kid at this school want to aim for," Monica affirms.
"Ok that's us adjourned for the day. We'll reconvene tomorrow at 10 where we will talk to James Barnes and Bruce Banner," he instructs.