Chapter 44

Y/N's POV:
Today was our final day in Paris as we were going home this evening. It had been a wonderful trip of sightseeing and romance. The best bit has been spending time with Wanda just us. Sometimes I forget we're not just Nat and Pietro's parents we're our own couple. There was something about Paris and hearing Wanda speak French that made me fall in love with her all over again. Everyday I wake up and count my lucky stars that I found her, my home, my safety.
"Good morning my love," I whisper kissing her gently.
"Good Morning. You know as much as I love our kids I don't really want to go home. It's been so nice to be here just us," Wanda explains.
"I know babe. Just a few more years and we can do this all again even moving here for a bit. I'll go and get us some breakfast from the pastry shop you like round the corner while you get ready," I say kissing her again before walking towards the door.
"Ok I love you," she replies.
"I love you too."

We sit eating our breakfast then walk through the streets of Paris for one final time. We spent the day finding presents for all our friends and family making sure we got plenty of pictures to show the kids too. Our final wish for the day was to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. The queue wasn't too bad and when we got to the top the views were breathtaking. The best part was seeing Wanda's face light up. I love her more and more everyday. I wrap my arms around her waist from behind resting my head on her shoulder and we just look out completely content.
"Je ne peux pas vivre sans toi. (I can't live without you.) Tu es l'amour de ma vie Y/N Maximoff (You are the love of my life)," Wanda says turning around to face me.
"Je suis fou amoureux de toi Wanda Maximoff et je le serai toujours (I am madly in love with you and I always will be)," I reply kissing her gently.

When we get back to the safe house I clear up while Wanda sorts out the bags. Getting on the jet was bitter sweet, we had loved our time in Paris but we had to go home to the real world.
"Are you ready my love?" I ask Wanda.
"Let's go home," she nods. Wanda didn't say anything for a good hour on the way home.
"What are you thinking about my love?" I inquire.
"The kids. They're going to be doing what we do. I'm going to worry sick. It'll be like with you but worse because they aren't as experienced as you are," Wanda explains.
"Listen the training programme now is a lot more rigid than it ever was. They have better equipment and protection. You trained them babe so they're going to be just fine. Pietro's already as strong and as fast as me. He's only going to get better over time. Nat has such control and wisdom when it comes to her powers. I think she's going to be more powerful than both of us. They both are. We just have to trust that we've trained and taught them well enough," I reassure her.
"What if they get hurt?" Wanda asks tearfully.
"Then they'll get better Wanda. I know it's terrifying to think about so we'll just distract ourselves. We'll stay busy and the kids will be just fine. They're a lot smarter than we were when we both started out," I try to comfort her. Flicking the switch onto autopilot I pull Wanda onto my lap holding her tightly.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to get upset. I just think about our time with Hydra and then you in Wakanda. I don't want our kids to go through anything like that," she explains.
"You don't have to apologise. These powers they have to use to help people because that's how we've raised and taught them. Our kids want to be just like you Wanda. Strong, brave, compassionate, powerful and everything that could possible be good about a person. I have no doubt they will be. When they're saving the world we just have to consider them colleagues not kids," I say kissing her gently.
"You still always have the answers," she laughs slightly.
"I had a great teacher," I smirk. She kisses me softly before climbing off my lap.

We land and the kids as well as Luna run out to greet us. Wanda and I hug them tightly. Pietro reminded me of Peter in that he'd always ask a lot of questions. We showed the kids the photos and the gifts we had gotten them. The kids told us about what they had been up to while they were away. Pietro spoke excitedly about Fury's talk regarding joining the Avengers. Wanda looked worried again.
"Is that what you want to do Pietro?" I inquire.
"Yeah I want to help people. I know it's a lot of training and hard work but as soon as I graduate I'll be ready. What superhero name do you think I should use?" He says assuredly.
"I don't know Pietro but you've got plenty of time to figure that one out. What about you Nat? Do you want to join the programme or do something else?" Wanda asks.
"I want to join the programme. You and mom helped so many people and saved so many lives. I want to do the same. I'll be ready just like Pietro said," Nat replied.
"I'm glad you know what you both want but if ever it changes you can just stop you know. It's still your lives. Yes you're fortunate to have these powers but it doesn't mean you have to dedicate your entire life to saving the world. All we want is for both of you to be happy and have no regrets," I advise them.
"Thanks Mom," Nat says hugging me tightly.
"You're welcome."

Wanda and I climb into bed tired from the travelling.
"Our kids are really going to save the world aren't they?" Wanda asks cuddling into my neck.
"Yeah they are. I'm pretty sure I'll be handing over Mjolnir to them too. They've got this Wanda and I've got you," I assure her.
"I love you so much Y/N Maximoff," she says kissing me gently.
"I love you too. Always and Forever."

Prepare for a time jump for the Final chapter - Epilogue