Chapter 31

Y/N's POV:
Today was the last full day of our holiday none of us wanted to go home. The last year or so had been a rollercoaster: taking the kids out of school, creating our own school, fighting the government and losing Dad. This holiday is just what we all needed, escapism. Going home wasn't going to be so bad either we had so much to look forward to. The kid's birthdays, the school expanding and the birth of MJ and Peter's kid. Through all of it I knew everything was going to be ok because I had Wanda by my side loving me and supporting me.

Wanda started to wake up in my arms.
"Can we just stay here forever?" She mumbles sleepily.
"You and I both know we'd get bored quickly besides if we keep Nat away from Maria for any longer she may turn on us," I half joke.
"Yeah you're right but it's been nice hasn't it just relaxing and having fun," Wanda says looking up at me.
"It really has. Seeing you in a bikini all the time is just a very hot added bonus," I laugh.
"You're incorrigible," she giggles rolling her eyes.
"As if you haven't spent the past two weeks talking about my arms," I quip back.
"Yeah ok you've got me there. Do you think other couples are still this in love with each other after how long we've been together?" Wanda asks.
"I don't know. We've always been different Wanda. I don't know whether that's our powers or just our love for one another. There's a connection between us beyond any physical or emotional explanation. You know sometimes I go back in my head to that first year together. At first I was really scared to let myself love you cause I knew if you broke me I'd remain that way forever but I'm so glad I took that leap of faith," I explain gazing down at her.
"I love you so much Y/N," she says kissing me softly.

We get ready and head down to breakfast with the kids.
"So what do we want to do today?" I ask the kids.
"Can we just go to the beach and swim and surf?" Pietro requests.
"Nat is that what you want to do?" Wanda inquires.
"Yes please but can we go to a souvenir shop so I can get a gift for Maria?" Nat says.
"Of course. Let's finish up here and I'll take you to the shop while Pietro and your Mom go and save us space on the beach," I agree. Wanda looks at me confused as to why I didn't want to head straight to the beach and her to go with Nat.
*Well I know you'll worry about that instructor being all over me this way you don't have to* I assure her in my thoughts. She smiles sweetly at me in gratitude and I wink.

Wanda and Pietro head to the shops while I find a souvenir shop.
"What sort of thing are we looking for Nat?" I ask looking at all of the possibilities.
"I'm not sure but I'll know it when I see it," she assures me.
"I think I might get something for Bucky for looking after Luna. Do you think Uncle Jord would like something? Or your Gran?" I say confused.
"I think you should get something for Uncle Jord but I'm not sure about Gran it might make her sad," she explains.
"How about I buy them both something and then we'll work it out when we get home whether to give it to her or not?" I decide.
"Good idea Mom."

I buy Bucky a surfboard bottle opener, Jord and Charlie a shot glass like we do every time we go away and I got my mom a nice magnet for the fridge. There was a beautiful necklace that would match Wanda's eyes perfectly.
"Hey Nat. How much do you reckon your mom would kill me if I bought her that necklace?" I ask.
"Only a little I think she'd really like it actually," she assures me. I buy the necklace and Nat gets Maria's present too. We head to the beach to find Wanda and Pietro as we get there I can already see Pietro out in the water surfing. I walk up behind Wanda.
"Babe close your eyes," I say.
"Oh god just tell me how many bags there are?" She pleads.
"There's only a small one just please close your eyes," I request. She covers her eyes and I put the necklace on her giving her a kiss to tell her to open them.
"It's beautiful but you shouldn't have got me anything," she says kissing me gently.
"Hey let me spoil my wife if I want to," I plead.
"Fine. I got Pietro a surf lesson while you were gone. It was half price so I took them up on it," Wanda explains.

We spend the day surfing and swimming and just enjoying ourselves making the most of every second. Then we head back to the hotel to get ready for our last night here. Wanda put on a beautiful red dress that made my heart skip a beat.
"After all this time Maximoff you in red still makes me swoon," I say kissing her gently.
"I'm glad I still have that effect on you," she smirks.
"You'll always have that effect on me. Even when we're old and wrinkly I'll still be completely in love with you," I assure her. She starts giggling.

We go down to dinner and we're all pretty quiet no one wants this holiday to end.
"Listen I know we're all sad about leaving but we've got to enjoy our last night ok? Think about all we've got to look forward to when we get home your birthday, the school expanding, MJ and Peter having a baby. Let's just enjoy ourselves," I encourage my family.
"Do you think we could go to the karaoke thing in the function room after dinner? I kind of want to sing," Nat asks.
"You do?" Wanda inquires.
"Yeah. Maria has been teaching me guitar and I've been singing a lot so I wanted to try in front of an audience," Nat explains.
"Well I can't wait to hear you," I encourage her.
"Thanks Mom."

We finish our dinner heading to the karaoke bar and Nat signs herself up. The waiter that hit on Wanda saw me approach the bar and ran the other way leaving the woman to serve me.
"So you're the wife he's terrified of," she laughs.
"You know he's flirted with a lot of married women and a lot of men have threatened him but you're the one that really got to him. What can I get you?" She asks
"2 white wines and 2 coke's please," I order. She passes me over the drinks refusing to take the money.
"Please you've made working with him bearable again, I couldn't take your money," the waitress explains.
"Thank you."

I carry the drinks over to the table and kiss Wanda on the cheek.
"Are you not singing tonight?" She asks.
"No it's our daughter's night not mine," I say smiling. Nat's name got called and we all cheered for her. Make you feel my love by Adele started playing. She went for a big one. Wanda clutched my hand tightly in nerves. I smiled at Nat and nodded. She starts to sing and everyone sits up and listens.
"Oh my god our daughter can sing," Wanda says excitedly. When she finishes everyone cheers loudly.
"That was amazing," I assure Nat hugging her tightly.
"She's right and it pains me to say it," Pietro adds.

We enjoy our evening before heading to bed. Wanda climbs into bed next to me.
"You know I'm not going to miss having to soundproof these walls every night," she says giggling.
"I do miss our bed though and our top drawer," I smirk.
"That's one thing that's awful about travelling being married to a woman. You only have to think about what the baggage people must think checking our cases," Wanda laughs.
"They probably look at me and think she's one lucky woman," I tease. Wanda kisses me climbing on top of me taking full control.
"It's a good thing we can sleep on the plane," Wanda smirks.