³⁷| Preparing for The Wizengamot {Part 1}

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 28, 1990, 2000hrs ~~~

~~~ Hadrian's POV ~~~

After three weeks of gruelling lessons from the different family members, the other three Heirs and I were exhausted. You would think being the most magically gifted person alive and having an eidetic memory would make things simpler, but no.....things only got harder.

As all the other Pureblood Heirs had started their Occlumency trading at the age of eight, to learn to protect family secrets and traditions when they learned it from their parents. I, however, don't need Occlumency as Draco and I's bond made it impossible for Legilimency to be used against us. But that's where things had gone differently. Remus had sat me down and explained that the mind arts aren't only for protecting one's mind but also organising it.

Especially me, as I had loads more information to store than regular people. Thus, I had to learn to organise my mind and learn to store away all the information regularly to help improve recollection of data, and over time I would be able to access all the information in my mind in seconds and never had to scavenge through all the data to find what I'm looking for.

It made sense but that didn't mean I had to like it. So Moony had set me on my other assignment, meditating for at least thirty minutes to store away all the information in an organised manner and also build simple layers of defence just in case, because having no protection is just plain stupid, according to Moony.

Now back to the family dinner.

Everything was going fine, and the adults were taking turns telling me their progress in the assignments I'd given them.

"You were right Hadrian", Aunt Amelia started, "There is no concrete evidence that shows that it was Sirius who betrayed the potters all that is just word of mouth they spread to protect the real Secret keeper - Peter Pettigrew. Sirius Black's wand was never found, as it probably was destroyed in the blast, thus, no one can prove that it was your father who cast the spell the blew up the road and killed the Muggles" she stated confidently.

I nodded thinking over what she had just said, what he didn't understand is how no one had ever wondered over one of the most infamous trials, or lack thereof, in recent history and hadn't tried to look it up.

Aunt Amelia went on, "Just to be thorough, I went through all case files of that fateful year when all the rounded up Death Eaters were thrown into Azkaban. I found no file for the name of 'Sirius Orion Black' and when I scoured the Wizengamot records for memories of a trial I came up with no evidence. Now we have solid proof that there has never been a trial for one Sirius Orion black and that he was banished to Azkaban for a decade without a trial" she said, controlling her anger.

I just sat and contemplated everything she said and nodded for Uncle Lucius to report his findings.

"I have been making the rounds in the social circles giving different stories about how in anticipation of The Boy-Who-Lived's return I had been going through case files of the convicted Death Eaters, and I was looking for the case that was the most crucial to the Potter Heir, the case of Sirius Black, but couldn't find it and asked for the different lords and Seat holders' help. And they have all turned up empty-handed, as expected, I convince almost all of the Dark faction and some of the Neutral faction to agree to look into this matter at the next Council meeting" he said explaining to all of us.

I nodded and smiled at him, "Incredible job indeed, I now understand how the both of you have achieved such influence in the Ministry at such a young age, considering most Lords are the age of my Grandfather or Greatgrandfather and have had decades to master the art and gain such influence", I praised.

Uncle Lucius just smiled and nodded while Aunt Amelia fanned herself dramatically, "Oh stop it you charmer!" She said in an overly girly and giggly sort of voice. This made everyone laugh and the blush on my cheeks made everyone laugh harder.

I just sighed and rolled my eyes at their antics. I still couldn't believe that I had such wonderful people I could rely on and consider family.

The conversation grew louder once more and people started talking in their own little groups as I contemplated the report Aunt Amelia and Uncle Lucy had just given. "Hadrian?", called out a voice. "Yes, Nana? What is the matter?".

"There is something wrong, Augusta feels it too", she said. "What do you mean Nana?" I asked as the others quietened down to listen. "I'm not sure yet but there is something wrong with the Light Faction social circles and neutral social circles. I don't know what it is but something is wrong. Nothing seems wrong with the Dark faction social circles but some of the Neutral Faction feel different, they don't feel right. Augusta seems to have noticed the same with the Light faction social circles as I don't hold much sway in that area and don't really want to".

As I contemplated what she had just said, Nana August added, "I don't know why others have not noticed it yet, maybe because our magic has matured more than the others, thus making it more sensitive to certain things?".

"What do you think about this Aunt Minnie, I have not really sensed it but in the last few weeks, something has been nagging me the back recesses of my mind, something I can't quite put my finger on. But, only since I've started to side with you Hadrian, before that I did not feel anything".

I turned to Uncle Lucius, "Uncle do you think this may have something to do with the old coot, especially if Aunt Minnie didn't notice this but since changing her views has started to notice this as well. Could it have something to do with that old tosser's manipulations?".

"It might Hades", he replied contemplatively. "It could be a very mild compulsion charm or loyalty or obedience spell, to manipulate the Lih=get faction to listen to the old goat more. It wouldn't have raised suspicion in the Dark faction as we all always expect them to agree completely with Dumbledore as has become the norm thus making it much harder for anyone to notice or break free of the spell", he said after some thinking.

he turned to Aunt Minnie, "And I think why you just started to notice is it is because you somehow broke free of the spell due to your allegiance to Hadrian". She looked mutinous at the thought of Dumbledore manipulating her but kept it hidden very well, it seemed only the Lord and Lady Malfoy, and I noticed.

The situation was worse than I had expected. What to do about it though.....