³⁰| Settling In and Investments

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

~~~ August 3rd, 1990 ~~~

After a lot of discussions, it was decided that Uncle Remy will teach us Defensive Magic and Charms. Aunt Minnie, of course, will teach us Transfiguration being a Professor and all. Uncle Lucy will teach us the Dark Arts and Aunt Cissa will teach us Wizarding Etiquette, traditions and history. Aunt Andromeda would teach us Wizarding Law and how the Ministry of Magic operates, with some help from Aunt Amelia, with her being a Department head she would have much more experience and details. Aunt Amelia also happened to be very good at Herbology and Astronomy, which she would teach.

There was some talk about hiring a Potions tutor but in the end, Uncle Lucy decided to teach us himself. The week was spent learning all the basic theory of all the subjects. Draco, Neville and Susan got lessons as well but at a much slower pace as I was much more powerful and attuned to my magic than most my age. To most people, it would have bored them out of their minds to sit through hours of theory, the other three certainly felt that way.

But for me, someone with an eidetic memory, I can't really feel bored. My mind is always working, capturing every sight, sound and smell around me.

I never had to take notes as anything I hear is always committed to my memory. So, all I had to do was it and listen to all the hours worth of theory that everyone droned on about.

After talking about wand movements and incantation in Charms and Transfiguration and the power I put into spells at Defensive magic and Dark arts and the art of stirring and chopping for potions, most would have been exhausted, but I was just begging to learn more. I was weird that way, and I was proud of it.

~~~ August 5th, 1990 ~~~

~~~ Third Person's POV ~~~

Two days had passed and Hadrian had settled in well into the Wizarding way of life. The four Heirs had grown much closer and they had brought Neville completely out of his shell and he had become an exact copy of Draco, with more Gryffindorish tendencies. Susan who had been a girl who was destined to be a Hufflepuff was already well on her way to being in Slytherin after spending so much time with the two Dark Heirs. She was much more confident with herself and acted more like a Pureblood Heiress, with the proper grace and arrogance which Draco gave her after boosting her ego ten times over overnight.

I had a meeting scheduled with Griphook later that day, to discuss my accounts and also to get the two other Lordship and Heirship rings. Killian had stayed the first night and we had cuddled and talked about our past, but he couldn't stay yesterday as he had been called away for his Deathly duties.

I walked out of my closet, where I had dressed like every day - Stylish yet Regal. I walked to my Study's personal access from the Lordship suite. I settled myself on my comfortable revolving chair that floated. Yes, floated. It just floated in mid-air and can swivel around completely. It also had small runes carved on the inside of the hand rests, one increased the hight the other decreased it. It was mindblowing the things that could be done with magic.

As I waited for Kreacher to lead Griphook to my office I was looking through the properties he had already acquired in the muggle world. They were mostly luxury apartments in the busier parts of London, which would probably cost an arm and a leg for normal people to afford. He had also purchased many houses in suburban areas like Little Whinging. I had in-fact bought all the houses surrounding the Dursleys, from No. 4 Privet Drive - including theirs, in retaliation of how they treated me.