³¹| First Impression

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

~~~ August 6, 1990 ~~~

The day was started by jogging around the pool and many sports courts. I had to forcefully drag the other children to come with me and I had remind them that we had be at our best when we arrived at Hogwarts. They only came to ensure they would be the best of the best there and look damn good while doing it too. After a relaxing shower, I dressed to impress as it was the day for me to meet my father. I wore Black ankle boots with Silver buckles with Black leather pants. I wore loose-fitting Silver Silk shirt with my Black Acromatula Silk, Armoured shoulder cape. This time I made it show the Slytherin Crest, showing my status as Lord Slytherin. My hair had grown till it was shoulder-length, and I styled it to look like Lucius - like a proper Pureblood Lord.

I wore all my Lordship rings with Platinum Snake earrings, studded with White Diamonds. I also wore a simple Platinum chain with a hissing Cobra pendant with Emeralds for eyes. I wore both my wand holsters and placed my wand in my right holster, somehow I felt that I would need a second holster. All in all, I looked like the perfect Slytherin. 

Once I cam down for breakfast, and the others apparated here for our family meal, Aunt Minnie chuckled sadly

Once I cam down for breakfast, and the others apparated here for our family meal, Aunt Minnie chuckled sadly. "Any hopes I had of you being in Gryffindor have now been squashed like a bug," she said chuckling. Lucius just smirked while his Heir snorted at the thought of me anywhere near the Lions' den. I just put on a scandalised face, "Me! Gryffindor!" I exclaimed with an air of exaggerated offence, "Why would I be anywhere near dunderhead lions? I belong in the Snake Pit, or more specifically, on its Throne" I said smirking.

All the past Slytherins went wide-eyed, then smirked. The rest, those from either different Houses or have never been to Hogwarts, looked on in confusion. Lucius answered all the questioning stares, "Unlike all the other Houses, who depend on the prefect and Head Boy and Girl systems, Slytherin House has always been a hierarchy. Yes, we have prefects and Head Boy or Girl, but they all report to the King - or the occasional Queen, but it's extremely rare" he explained.

The others listened on with interest as he explained the rules that Killian had told me about during our nightly chats before sleeping. "Slytherin House has always had a King ruling over it, he makes the rules and portrays the Slytherins to the other Houses. The King has higher authority in the House than any other student, even more so than the Head Boy or Girl. The only one outranking his authority is the Head of House and the Headmaster" he explained.

"So anyone can challenge the current King to a duel to claim the throne for themselves, but sometimes if someone with a lot of political power, family backing and magical strength comes along, there have been cases where the current monarch abdicates the throne for said person. I believe that is what will happen to Hadrian, he is Lord Slytherin after all" he said, smirking at me.

I chuckled, "That's what I hope will happen, probably won't but I can still hope. So Aunt Amelia, when are we leaving for the Ministry? I want to put on quite a show" I said, smirking. She just chuckled, "People won't end up dead will they?" she asked jokingly. "I'll make sure to hide their bodies" I replied. Everyone chuckled at that. "Well, Uncle Lucy, are you coming with us?" I asked him. He just nodded.

I looked over at Draco, Neville and Susan, "I want you three, to work hard. I want us all to be at the top of our year, regardless of which houses we end up in. The top five positions should only belong to us, academically and in social standing as well. Am I clear?" I asked, far more commandingly than usual.

I sighed, "Don't think I'm ordering you around or using you, but if we are to de-throne Albus from his glorious seat of power than we need to be the best of the best. We need all the teachers to like us, adore us, if you get what I mean" I explained and apologised.

Draco just smiled and nodded. Neville winked at me and Susan just let out a exaggerated sigh looking at the two boys. I smiled to myself and rose from the table. "Nana, do you want to come with us and get reacquainted with your social circles. You are going to be the proxy of three very influential seats" I asked her jokingly. She just smiled and nodded at me. I turned to the others, "All those that I decided as proxies, I already have the Legal forms filled out and signed as the Lord or Heir of that seat using a Blood Quill so that no one can question its authenticity.

They all nodded as Nana, Aunt Amelia, Uncle Lucy and I made our way to the fireplace, so that we can Floo there. Kreacher *popped* in front of me and handed me Mercury who was grumbling about being sucked through a portal that stretched out her innards. I draped her over my shoulder and walked to the nearest fireplace. I had practised how to land gracefully after using the Floo, by using it to go around the various fireplaces around the Castle. I wanted to make a grand statement.

All of us were going to Floo simultaneously, with me in the Lead, Uncle Lucy and Nana to either side and Aunt Amelia at our backs - forming a diamond.

We all stepped in front of the fireplace while I threw in a handful of glittering Green dust, the fireplace roared Emerald Gren but without the heat. We all stepped forward with the adults' hands on my shoulders. "I called out 'The Ministry of Magic, Atrium' in a commanding voice. The fireplace roared green and the familiar feeling of being squished to death made me want to throw up. I tucked in my elbows and kept my mouth closed, just like Nana had advised.

~~~ Third Person's POV ~~~

The central fireplace in the Ministry's Entrance Hall, or what they called 'Atrium', roared into life. This wasn't like normal, it was anything but normal. The fireplace that normally glowed green before it spat out the Ministry Employees, glowed so bright people at the other end of the Atrium had to shade their eyes. The Emerald flames parted like a curtain and out came the most intimidating quadrat the Ministry had ever seen, they stepped out with animalistic grace. Their very stature screamed power and danger. 

They walked, no...stalked forward without looking at anybody. Everyone was, of course, familiar with the Head of the Malfoy family as he was a Wizengamot member and a powerful wizard in his own right. Next, was the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Lady Bones. She was also a Wizengamot member and had a reputation for being fair and upholding justice. The fact that a known 'Dark' family member was walking with the Head of House of the Bones family, was a statement by itself.

But who the people were most intrigued by were the other two. Even after a decade, these walls could not forget the being that was Walburga Black, the highest-ranking member in the British Isles, or so they thought.

Everyone knew how the Purebloods walked according to rank and their family status, but if anyone walked before Walburga Black, then they were someone to respect and listen to, and that was exactly what young Lord Slytherin wanted to tell everyone. The angelic beauty that was Hadrian Alexander Potter Black walked, no...glided with Ethereal grace that even Lord Malfoy couldn't perfect. Skin as White as Snow and lips and Red as Blood, he was the embodiment of Snow White's male counterpart. His Ebony hair hung straight down to his shoulders and added to his Regal looks.

Everyone shamelessly gawked at his tight-fitting clothes that showed of his lithe frame and jewellery that showcased his wealth. But what most people stared at was the Slytherin crest and the Basilisk on his shoulder. That's when the Wizards and Witches around the world knew that the Lord of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Slytherin was back.