⁰⁴| Realising the truth of the World

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

^Parseltongue^

~~~ August 1, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

He didn't know what exactly the procedure was in this new, weird world that he seemed to belong to. So he did the on that made most sense gave a bow of the head. The Goblin, who I assumed was the Head Goblin of Gringotts, too seemed shocked at my sign of respect but he is much better than the other Goblins. But I could still see through his mask.

I turned to the Goblin who led me here, "Thank you for escorting me here Mr Griphook" I said in a polite tone. But I seemed to have surprised them again, but also amused, judging from their expressions and Griphook's barked laughter.

"First thing you need to learn about Goblins Mr Potter, we don't use all that Mr, Lord, Sir, crap. Just call us by our names or positions" Griphook told me, obviously amused. I tried my best not to blush in embarrassment.

"And I am not your escort Mr Potter, I was merely returning to my office," he said in a bit harsher voice.

"Your office...Oh! You manage the Potter Vault?" I asked after realising what Griphook had said. The Director's mouth twitched up a little at this, "Not Vault, Mr Potter, Potter Vaults. There are at least six that I remember" he said, smirking at the surprise on my face that slipped through my mask at the mention that my Family had six-SIX Vaults at the Bank.

Ragnok grinned wickedly, "And those are not the only Vaults that belong to you". I became more astonished with every word he spoke. More Vaults!?!?

"So, Mr Potter, take a seat and tell me what you know about the truth of this world?" asked Ragnok. I was about to answer his question when a question of mine popped in my head. "Wait a minute, how do you know that I don't know much about the true world?" I asked him.

He grinned. "We knew the reason that you didn't get the monthly updates that you were supposed to receive, about your Vaults and investments, every month once you turned seven" he explained. "And the fact that you never arrived for the formal ceremony that had to be conducted to formally swear you into a Noble and Ancient House conducted by Gringotts Goblins to make sure that you indeed a true Potter and to grant you access to the Potter wealth" he proceeded, a bit impatiently.

I thought about what he said for a second, "Director, you said you know the reason that I didn't receive my monthly reports, well, what is it?". He frowned, but I got the feeling it wasn't because of me.

"Albus Dumbledore, your Magical Guardian," he said simply. "Magical Guardian? What the heck is that? And who is this Dumbles guy?" I asked. Ragnock smiled truly for the first time. "It's good to know that at least someone doesn't know who the 'Great Albus Dumbledore - Leader of the Light' is".

"Who is he?". "He is many things and holds multiple powerful positions in our world, but first I need to know what you know about the world you belong in". "Well, all I know is that Magic is real".

"This makes things easier, at least you believe in magic". He then explained to me about Witches and Wizards and about Magic. He explained to me about various Magical creatures and their places in society. Like House Elves, Goblins and Centaurs. He explained to me a blood purity and the Noble Houses, Noble and Ancient House and the rare few Noble and Most Ancient Houses.