¹³| Shopping Spree {Part 1}

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 2, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

"We have Formal Dress robes, Everyday robes, Hogwarts uniforms, Gardening robes, Slacks, Dress shirts as well as some other Muggle fashions that have been improved to be used by Wizards. Shirts, Trousers, Jeans, Jumpers, Sweaters, Sneakers and such. We also have the normal - Gloves, Socks, Underclothes, Hats, Beanies and Caps. Now the interesting part is the style and materials, you can pick and choose however you please".

This was the exciting part, as she started explaining about the different materials used and their advantages and how they will be useful and in what situation.

"There are normal everyday fabrics like Cotton, Flannel, Tweed, Denim and Standard Silk. But we also have more expensive options like Satin, Chiffon, Velvet, Crushed Velvet, Leather" she said, then looked at the Malfoys for a moment. "But for customers who are part of the Elite of the society, like your companions - The Malfoys and young Heir Longbottom, we have hides and fabrics obtained from magical creatures. We have Dragon-hide, Acromantula Silk, Cerberus fur, Nemean Lion fur, Chimaera Wool and last but not least, Basilisk-hide" she explained.

I was really curious about the different options and how they were obtained from the magical creatures. She took her time and explained which materials were used where and why they were the best option.

After deliberating for a while I decided to treat myself, I got a whole new wardrobe, swearing to myself that I would throw away Dudley's hand-me-downs that very day.

So after much deliberation, I picked out the Muggle options first. I picked out twenty pieces of tight-fitting Silk underwear in Black and Grey, twenty pairs of Chimaera Wool socks in Black and Grey. Three sets of Satin pyjamas in Emerald - just like my eyes. I chose twenty sets of pants in total - all of them skin-tight: Five Crushed Velvet pants in Emerald, Black, Blood-Red, Purple and Maroon. Five Leather pants in Dark Browns and Blacks, five in Black Denim and finally, Dark Green and Black ripped-jeans. I bought twenty tight-fitting Cotton, Denim and Crushed Velvet shorts in the same colours as the pants.

I bought ten long-sleeved, oversized, Silk shirts that could be tucked in or left out, in the same colours - Dark Purple, Black, Grey, Dark Green and Dark Blue. I also bought ten more of the same Silk shirts, but this time short-sleeved. With the help of Draco and Narcissa, I picked out twenty T-shirts in different colours and designs. One had a Basilisk that slithered around the shirt and another had a Dark Phoenix perched above his heart. I also bought three Beanies made of Chimaera Wool.

My Blonde brother was practically bouncing around the room, in excitement, to help me pick out boots, shoes, sneakers and such. It was agreed to by both Lord and Lady Malfoy that his brother was much more experience in the area of fashion - especially when it comes to shoes, so they agreed to let him help me.

After buying several pairs of Dragon-hide boots from different Dragons that came in a multitude of colours - Bark Blue boots with a Purple sheen from Hungarian Horntail like his wand core, Black dress shoes and boots with a blue sheen from a Hebridean Black, and finally Grey boots with a Purple and Blue sheen from and Ukrainian Ironbelly. He also got what looked like Sneakers, but they were made of very soft Dragon-hide as well, probably from the belly of a Dragon - that is not an Ironbelly of course.

And now, time for Wizarding fashion!

I then picked out five formal Dress robes made of the finest Acromantula Silk woven in with Gold or Silver threads to give it dimension and accented with Platinum fastenings as a symbol of power and status, as Felix described. All my boots and shoes also had Silver fastenings, as did my Dragon-hide belts' buckles. I picked out five sets of Cotton everyday robes.

I also bought a special set of Duelling armour-typed pants and jacket that were as tight-fitting as the rest of my clothes. Those alone cost me a whopping three hundred and seventy Galleons as they are very rare and extremely difficult to make into clothes due to their innate nature of resistivity to magic. They also had resizing runes etched to ensure they would fit me for years to come.

But they were worth it as Basilisk-hide is very magic resistant, not even the Unforgivable would be able to harm him in those. Not only that, they always absorb the magic used to fuel the spells to make the protection much powerful and also if given time will be able to reflect the Curses and Hexes back at the attacker instead of simply absorbing them.

Then he turned to buy his Hogwarts uniform, along with his brothers, but that is when things got interesting.

"I don't give this advice to everyone and have never actually told anyone this, but, you have been one of the best customers I have had this year with all your purchases young Lord, so I'm willing to help you. But first I want you to tell me something, what are your goals? What do you think about the Headmaster?" asked Madam Malkins after making an offer that seemed to depend on my answer.

I thought about it a little before speaking, as by now everyone was listening. "First my name is Hadrian Potter Bla-", "-Ah! I should have known. Those eyes are exactly like your mother's and your face is just as Angelic like an Heir of Potter and Black bloodlines should be. You look just like your Godfather, simply stunning. You're going to have the school drooling at your feet in no time, just like your Godfather" she said, smiling wistfully.

Remus chuckled at that, "Yes, stunning" he murmured. But I had an idea that he was imagining another Black, currently locked away in a Fortress in the middle of the sea.

"Well, now that you know who I am, I have heard all this crap about blood supremacy and I want to put an end to it. Muggles can rot in hell for all I care, but anybody with magical blood should be treated well, equally no matter if all their grandparents are wizards are not. I also want Albus Dumbledore locked up in Azkaban Madam", I added the last part as almost an afterthought, but this is what seemed to please her most.

"None of that young man, call me Miranda. Now I want all of you to pay attention to what I am about to say. If what I saw when young Harry here said he wanted the old coot locked up is correct, then none of you particularly cares about him. Just like me" she said a bit savagely.

"You know my profession, but you also know that I am the only one that sells Hogwarts robes, there is a reason for that. According to the Hogwarts rule books, there are three books in total - just for rules! None of them mentions that you have to wear a uniform" she said, much to everyone's confusion.

"You see, in the days of the Founders, Hogwarts was legendary. The best school of magic in the world. It still is, but it can be so much more. In those days there was no such thing as a uniform, students only went there to learn. As long as the student prominently displayed their House crest on their clothes it was enough, it still is. But all that changed when Albus Dumbledore became the Transfiguration teacher.

He planted ideas in then Headmaster, Professor Armando Dippet, that if students are allowed to wear their own clothes with just their House crests shown, the student population will divide itself according to their wealth and that the richer students will bully the poor ones. I do not know the real reason for forcing students to wear uniforms, but it might have to do something about the fact that he wanted to isolate the Slytherins by categorising them so that he could 'keep an eye on potential Dark wizards", she finished wryly.

"So what do you say about going to Hogwarts without uniforms?" she asked, grinning wickedly.