²²| Master of Death

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 2, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

A/N - Do you guys want Walburga Black to be alive, but sick? Hadrian and family will nurse her back to health. He will have a Grandmother - family. I feel Walburga became the way she was because of the loneliness. Orion dead, Regulus dead, Sirius imprisoned. What do you guys think? Should Walburga be alive and play her role as Hadrian's Grandmother?

"You all know that I am the Master of Death" I started. "As Death's Master, logically speaking, I shouldn't be able to die. As Death's Master, I should be immortal" I said, smiling ruefully.

This statement was met with a lot of mixed reactions.

Aunt Minnie and Nana Augusta were smiling sadly, knowing what living forever entailed. Uncle Lucius and Remus had a contemplative look on their face, while Aunt Andro, Aunt Cissa and Aunt Amelia looked worried. Draco, Neville and Susan, however, were looking ecstatic and were jumping around chanting that their brother was immortal. But they soon quietened down when they saw the looks they were getting from the adults.

I just shrugged and continued, "If I am immortal, all of you will pass away before me, but I'll always be there. If I have an Heir he will pass away in front of my eyes, and I don't think I'll be able to take it. I've only known you guys for a while, but I can already see the love Uncle Lucius and Aunt Cissa have for Draco and the love Aunt Amelia has for Susan. I don't think I'll be able to survive such a heartache. I will be Lord Peverell Slytherin Black Gaunt Potter McGonagall forever. I will be alone forever, lead the magical society to a new age of power and greatness, and lead them forever. Alone forever" I said sadly, ignoring the tears flowing down my face.

Everyone immediately surrounded me in a massive group hug and tried their level best to console me, it worked, a little.

But that's when the entire room when as cold as ice. A howling picked up, like the wind before a thunderstorm - but there was no wind, we were underground.

A skeletal figure stepped out of the shadows. Everyone gasped, but the cloaked figure didn't take notice. Somehow, from its power, everyone else had been pushed to the back of the room. The cloaked figure moved forward and slowly brought down the hood of its robes.

Its skeletal features were sharp and beautiful the figure took another step forward. Its entire body was pure white, its eyes were a startling ring of gold that glowed with power. Sharp cheekbones that could cut diamonds and a jawline to rival that. Sallow skin gave it an ethereal look because it was too tight in places. And absolutely no fats, skinny as a stick. Raven-Black wings that looked angelic and demonic at the same time, at certain angles looked soft as cotton but from others hard as diamonds from others.

But the figure was changing. Gone was that tall skeletal figure, it was slowly replaced with that of an angelic-looking fourteen-year-old. His hair was pure-black, just like his wings used to be, skin milk-white and as soft as Silk. His bright, almond-shaped, eyes were shining bright Gold with an emotion I could not discern. His tall frame, willowy. Well-defined arms and legs moved with an effortless grace that Uncle Lucius was sure to envy.

He moved forward until he was in front of me and knelt down. "Master", that single word was enough to make everyone's eyes widen and make everyone take a step back from the immortal entity.

"Master, I am yours to command for all of eternity, never again will you have to utter those words. I will be with you always, everywhere you go. A single thought in your mind will be enough for you to call me to you. You will never again be alone. You will always have me to call to your aid, never think that you will be alone. I have watched as your rightful place in this society was ripped from you by a man so twisted in his own schemes that he has become the very thing he tries to fight against" he spoke. His voice was as sweet as honey and as gentle as a breeze.

The look in his eyes was so mesmerising that I had to fight very hard to keep from backing away, but something in them seemed to pull me close and push me away at the same time.

"Never again will you be manipulated by anyone, no one will be able to lie to you, deceive you or even attempt to use you for their own gain. I will not allow it. I will be by your side for eternity, whenever you need me. I will stand by your side as you lead this nation and all other magical nations to greatness once more. Never be seen by anyone, if you so wish it, or stand by your side, proudly, through it all. You will never be alone master. Not on my watch, and my watch is eternal and never-ending" he spoke. His deceptively sweet voice now had an undertone of power that made me think of very scary things I could accomplish with everything Death promised me.

The figure below chuckled, the sound a haunting melody in my ears. He rose elegantly, the figure, obviously Death, leaned forward and whispered into my ears, "Those are some ambitious things that you are thinking, master. We can always make them come true if you want. But not now, you are a bit too young for world domination" he said softly. I laughed surprised at his comment, but went silent again lost in my own thoughts.

I didn't have to say a word, Death had understood my thoughts very clearly and reassured me,"Always yours to command master, I will never let our bond be broken ever again, by anyone" he said with immortal steel. Finally, as I started to wrap my head around what had just happened I stepped once more and addressed Death. "How should I address you?". "You may call me Death, Master, or Killian if you prefer a name. Death is more of a job title" he said, flashing a smile that showed way too many teeth to be humanly possible. He just chuckled again as he read my thoughts. "You may call me Hadrian, or Hades if you prefer".

"As you wish Master"

Most people would have been petrified of even looking at Death, but it was extremely soothing for me. As if a part of me that I hadn't known was gone or cut off, rejoined after a long time.

"That's because it was Master, a part of you was taken away and blocked off by abominable spells placed by Albus Dumbledore. Me, our bond was taken from you. Due to the binding on your core and all the potions and compulsions, our link was blocked off. But it is once again open and it feels like I can breathe again". This finally elicited a response from the rest of those in the room, Remus' bark-like laughter and the children's giggling. The irony of that statement coming from Death was enough to break everyone out of their shock.

I just grinned at everything we could do, with all the time in the world, and looked up at Death with a predatory smirk. "Life is going to be good from now on with Death by my side" I said, turning around to face the others, letting them see the hunger for vengeance in my eyes. Death once again chuckled darkly. Uncle Lucius looked like he was ready to give him a wish list of who he wanted to kill off and how, while Aunt Cissa rolled her eyes at him and shared a look with Aunt Andro.

I finally let myself smile, a true smile - without masks or facades, life was truly going to be great for him. Albus Dumb-bish-door had no idea what was coming for him.

A/N - Hey guys new update I came back and changed Hadrian's relationship with death, I was like 16ish when I started writing this now that I've matured more I feel uncomfortable with it too. This story is still HarryxDeath but for now, it's going to be more 'professional' if you will! Thanks and Sorry! Luv y'all!

Toodles!