²⁴| Lord of Too Many Houses

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 2, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

I just stared and stared at the extravagant ring, dumbfounded, until, "Hey, Hadrian, remember to breathe

I just stared and stared at the extravagant ring, dumbfounded, until, "Hey, Hadrian, remember to breathe. Deep breaths, love. That's it", he breathed into my ear softly. My breath hitched and my heart threatened to burst out of my chest when he said 'love'.

I turned around to give him a quick kiss on the cheek and turned back to the ring, ignoring the catcalls and my flushed cheeks. I stare at the Platinum band, studded with Emeralds and Diamonds. The large circular Emerald was cut like the stone from the Peverell Lordship ring, but the colouring much brighter. The other Emeralds and White Diamonds artfully arranged on the lavish metal. I gently pick up the work of art, obviously Goblin-made, and slid it onto my right ring finger.

 I gently pick up the work of art, obviously Goblin-made, and slid it onto my right ring finger

Next, I picked up a Dark Royal Purple box made from Crushed Velvet. Its designs made of Black Gold. I wondered how the ring would look like if the box itself was decorated with Black Gold. I opened the box and saw the Black Lordship ring. It was artfully crafted ring, shaped like a skull wearing a crown. It was studded with skillfully cut Blue Diamonds. I stared at the ring dumbfounded. I knew that Blue Diamonds were one of the rarest gemstones in the world. But the ring had so many! 

The Blue Diamonds themselves must be more expensive than the total value of the Slytherin Lordship ring. I picked up the ring that probably costs more than most mansions. On the inside of the band were engraved words, 'Toujours Pur'. "Always Pure" I whispered. Aunt Cissa and Aunt Andro smiled at me and nodded. I slid the ring on my right index finger, slowly. It too glowed like the previous two, and its steady weight calmed my nerves.