⁴¹| The Council {Part 1}

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 29, 1990, 0800 hrs ~~~

~~~ Hadrian's POV ~~~

Though everyone gathered here was already part of the higher echelons of the British Magical society, there were still class divides amongst us and ranks to be followed in public. As we all assembled in front of the fireplace, I smiled at Aunt Amelia to start. As the lowest ranking family amongst our big family, the Bones would go first. With a pinch of Floo powder and a bright flash, the Bones were gone.

~~~ Third Person's POV ~~~

For the second time this month, the Floo gates that normally flash Green and spit people out onto the Atrium floor, flared bright Emerald Green and parted like curtains. Out stalked the most impressive group of people to date. Lady and Heiress Bones stalked out and waited to the right of the fireplace with grace, faces carefully arranged in an emotionless mask. The Ladies of the Bones Family looked stunning in their dresses and simply oozed elegance.

Next came Dowager and Heir Longbottom who both looked powerful and the young Heir who had an uncanny resemblance to his father. Dowager Longbottom was usually never seen in public thus the masses assumed she was just an old lady, but today the world saw her for who she was, a powerful woman who could and would destroy anyone who stands in her way. They swept off to the left of the fireplace, Dowager Longbottom's cape fluttering majestically before falling behind her perfectly. Next stepped one of the most famous and respected Professor and educational figure from the best Magical Institution in the world, Lady McGonagall, who stepped out in a shimmering Blood Red Velvet dress. She too was dripping in Diamonds and stalked over to stand beside Dowager Longbottom. No one had seen her like this before, they only ever saw her in regular wizard robes, sometimes in her traditional tartan print, but today the Magical community of Britain saw her in all the glory of her status as one of the best educators and also a Head of House of a proud Family of Scottish heritage.

Next came Lord, Lady and Heir Malfoy who all wore their signature Malfoy stone-cold mask, they stalked beside the Bones family, dripping in Diamonds leaving the watchers drooling due to their Veela inherited beauty and animalistic grace.

Next, the extended Black family stepped out one by one. The Tonks stalked over next to the Longbottoms, their clothes' fabric and Platinum jewellery shimmering like stars in the light. Walburga Black stepped out on the arm of Remus Lupin but everyone knew who was leading. Her Black contoured dress emphasising her natural figure and beauty. The Black Diamonds the pair wore almost shone brighter than the fire from which they stepped. This was what shocked the Ministry most, one of the most powerful figures in Wizarding society was accompanied by a known Werewolf. This in itself sent a powerful message.

The two separated and stood just next to the fireplace on either side as the person who was dressed the most casual in the group stepped out. The person who was the least dressed up, but the most breathtaking of them all. Even at a young age, the newly ascended Lord Slytherin did not need fancy clothes to show his power. He simply radiated power and his cold gaze roamed the Atrium searching for any sign of trouble; As if anyone would dare to make trouble with a Basilisk on his shoulders, which seemed to be made out of molten Platinum.