¹⁵| A New Wand {Part 3}

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 2, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

What we saw inside the crafting room couldn't be described as anything other than breathtaking.

It was a mural that adorned the entire wall behind the crafting station. The mural depicted all sorts of magical creatures that wands have been made from, throughout the ages. There were large bird-like creatures with six wings and two tails - a Thunderbird according to Felix, there were Basilisks, multiple Phoenixes and one Dark Phoenix in the centre of them all, a herd of Unicorns, there was a single creature that looked like a skeletal horse with wings - a 'Thestral' said Felix, and many, many others.

There were groves of trees planted on the edges of the mural, that were obviously wand-wood trees. They were guarded by stick-like creatures with sharp teeth and leathery wings, they appeared to be the size of a large baseball.

But the art wasn't the only thing that made us gasp, but the magic too. Magic rolled off the station in waves, especially from where my unmade wand lay on the crafting station.

Felix waved us forward and asked us to stay around ten paces away from him so that our magical auras do not confuse him or damage the unmade wand. He slowly uncorked the vials containing the Dark Phoenix tail feather, a strip of a Dementor's cloak and the Basilisk fang shard. He levitated each of the cores, wandlessly. When I asked him about it, he replied, "When a wand is made, it chooses the wizard that fits itself best, in turn, it is also the wand that fits the wizard best. Now, when that wand is used, the magic from our core is drawn to the wand and is shaped to our needs" he said, going into what I call his 'lecture mode'.

"When a wand is used to direct and 'shape' the magic to our needs, it gets stained, for the lack of a better term, by our magical signature. So it has the unique magical signature of the person. That is how Aurors are able to track who used magic in a crime scene. But, wandless magic is different. It is literally siphoned from our magical core to be shaped and used however we want it. Thus me using wandless magic prevents your cores from being 'stained' by my magical signature" he said, the last part looking at me.

I just nodded for him to continue.

He levitated the cores to the centre of a circle comprised of strange, geometric carvings. To my question, Lucius answered, "Ancient Runes Harry, you'll learn it at Hogwarts". He started chanting in another language that felt older than any known languages today, a language of magic. One by one the runes started to glow. Little by little, the tail feather and cloak strip were intertwined in a very complex, but an intricate pattern. Then they started to twine themselves around the Basilisk fang shards. Not only did they wrap around the fang shard, but they also wrapped around it completely so that the shard itself could not be seen, then parts of the feather-cloak strip weave phased into the shards as if all three were becoming one.

He the wandlessly poured out the crushed Dragon scales, the fine powder floated in the air and coated the three infused core giving it purple sheen. Then he let the core be suspended in mid-air, while he levitated over the two blocks of wood. The blocks set themselves in the centre of the runic circle. He started chanting again and this time ran his finger down the centre of the blocks of wood, a hairsbreadth away from touching them.