Chapter 2 : Little Visit in Town

~*~Rapunzel~*~

I wake up, and saw Martha opening up the frills for me. "Good morning your majesty." She greeted me. "Good morning Martha. Did you just wake me up?" I asked her and she nodded politely. "You're 5 minutes behind schedule. And your parents are requesting me to wake you up early so you can start on with your schedule." She answers, and I grunted and I hide under the comforter. "I don't want to follow the schedule! I just want to sit down, read a book and drink a cup of tea, that's all!" I exclaimed. "I'm sorry, but rules are rules, princess." I showed myslef and sighed. "My life is purely rotten." I said and got myself out of my bed.

"Martha, I want eggs for breakfast."

"There's already food downstairs your highness."

I go out my bedroom, walk down the palace staircase and went to the kitchen. I saw my mother, eating and reading a newspaper. "Good morning mother." I greeted her and sit on one of the chairs. "Rapunzel, why are you not in your robe? Exposing your night gown is deepy unacceptable. It's also disrespectful to the food." She said, glancing at me. "Well, I'm just gonna eat, I'm not going outside either." I told her and grabbed a toast. "Didn't you forget? During Tuesdays, we go visit the town." She said. "How could I forget such a thing? Oh yes, you and dad go to the town without me on Tuesdays. You do your business with the villagers there, and I just sit here, left alone with my book collection." I said, and eat the toast. I drank a cup of tea and announced myself finished.

I go upstairs again, to take a bath and prepare myself to go to the town. Actually, by just thinking about it, it seems a bit boring. I wonder what'll happen, but like the authors say in my books, 'you'll never know what will happen until you get there'. I dress up simple-looking, so that the villagers will never know I'm the princess. But, who am I kidding? They would never know because they had never seen me before.

"Rapunzel, hurry up! We're late."

"Late for what? The town visit?"

Mother nodded. "Yes, of course." She approached me and put a clip on my hair. "There, now you look beautiful." She said and walked towards my father. "Dad, are we taking the carriage?" I asked him. "Of course, my dear! How else would we get down to that rocky road? By walking? I don't think so." He said. "No, but-ouch! My stomach's aching!" I exclaimed. "What now?" Mother said. "I think I can't come with you to the visit. As much as I want to, but my stomach needs to relax." I reasoned. "Okay then. We'll go. Martha! Take care of Rapunzel." Mother exclaimed as they go out the palace door and rides in the carriage. As the doors close, the carriage starts to go.

"Come your highness."

"No, Martha. I think the pain's gone."

I said smiling. "What do you mean? Playing pretend huh? Just to scavenge your books." She said and I immediately shook my head. "I'd still go visit the town. But, disguised as one of the villagers. I want to look over them, and see what's happening down hill. I don't want of them to recognize I'm the princess even though I haven't seen any of them before. I'll leave my tiara my for now." I told her. "But, what would your parents do if they knew you're not here?" She asked me. "I'll be back as fast as I can. I won't let them scold you for my mistakes. Bye Martha, stay safe!" I told her and ran outside the palace doors. "Shouldn't I be the one to say that?" She asked me. I run to the stables to get a horse and move down hill. I raced with the wind and got to the town safely.

It wasn't as I imagined before. I imagined fancy people, living fancier lifestyles, but no. They have simple clothes, simple food, and simple houses. I feel as if us, the royal family, took all the riches these people should have had. I want to help them all. Oh, I've been such a fool. I gaze upon this people, and how awful they're doing. But, no matter how awful it is, they have fun. Children play in the streets, neighbors talk to each other, families smile as they walk on the streets. It's the exact opposite of my life. I have all the riches in the world and yet, I'm still not happy. I left my horse at the local town stables, to explore the town more efficiently.