Chapter 8: Upcoming Tenth

~*~Rapunzel~*~

Another day has yet to come, and as a new sun rises, my birthday just gets closer. It's a week away! 'How boring,' I somehow thought. Being engaged and married so quickly isn't a great deal at all. In fact, I'd rather die than get married to a person that I don't love at all. I just believe in true love. And it waits, somehow, I need to find it. Before I get tangled up in this 'unwanted marriage'.

"Princess?"

"Oh Jack!"

Jack became my bodyguard a past few days, and he's been very helpful. "Do you know what day it is today, Punz?" He said as he closed the door behind him. "Hm, not really. I'm not mindful of the date." I said, not even minding he called me Punz. "Good thing I am. It's May 8! In the next two days, it's Emma's birthday! And yours..." I gasped. How could I have not seen it coming! My own birthday? How forgetful of me! It's just days away! Two days in fact! "I-I-I know that and I don't even want it to come..." I told him.

"What do you plan to do?"

"I-. Jack, just trust me on what I have to say."

He got curious. "What?" He asked. "I mean, this may not be the brightest idea I can come up with, but this is just for now." I told him. I sighed. "Runaway with me." He shook his head in confusion. "Normally guys would say that. Guys who are so desperately in love with a girl and do not want to be separated from them. So you mean-" I tried to make him drop the stupid thought. "No, that's not what you think. I-I'm running away from my responsibilities." I said.

"WHAT?"

"I know! It's not a great idea, but it's the best one I could give so far."

"S-so far? You mean you have a lot more 'bright ideas'?" He asked. "Don't get me wrong! I know it's not bright! But even so! It's the only chance for me to be free and if I stay I don't have any time left for that!" I exclaimed. "You promised you'll be on Emma's birthday." He said with a pitiful voice. Oh I remember. I told him that tomorrow, May 9th, I'll be at their house. "Yes, I'll be there as promised. But on May 10th, I'm gone Jack." I told him. "You're going with it?" He asked and I shrugged. "Honestly, there's a chance I am." I said, bowing down to hide my frown. But then suddenly, Jack comes and pats my head.

"You know what? Why don't you believe in me for your birthday?"

"Huh? What are you going to do?"

I looked up at him and saw his touching smile piercing through my soul and I don't know why. "I'm actually good at giving presents for anybody that needs me. You should probably stop thinking of your plan to run-away because on the upcoming tenth, I'll give you something worth to remember." Him saying that makes me feel relieved and a little bit curious. What is Jack up to now?

He clicked his tongue and checked out his old-fashioned watch Mr. Pendleton gave him. "I have to go now. Or else Mr. Pendleton will let me feed the pigs in the North market for Social Help. Bye princess. Don't forget my offer." He said and winked. I sigh in relief. Well, Jack was a little friendly to be patting my head like that. But I've got to face my responsibilities! 

"So Rapunzel, what is it gonna be runaway or not?" I look outside the window and see Jack patting a horse below in the meadows. He seems pretty good with patting. But looking at it, he's not such a bad person. He's someone you have to take the risk for and trust. 

And I have to trust him now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smell the good scent of updating (lol ofc it's a joke) FINALLY!