Chapter 6: Garden Activities

~*~Rapunzel~*~

After I learned the news that Jack was to be my bodyguard, I immediately knew what he was after. To change my mind. But why would he do that? He already changed my mind for the better. To change it again is a mistake.

"How is Emma doing?"

"Fine, probably playing with her friends."

I smiled. "Why did you apply as my royal bodyguard?" I asked him bluntly. "To change your mind? Look, Rapunzel I know you don't want to do this." I gulped. "I do. I want to do this." I said. "Do you really?" I nodded. "I don't have time to be free though. Even if I oppose it wouldn't matter. So, why not try to change? For the better!" I exclaimed. "That's quite impossible thinking." Jack said. "No it's not! it's perfectly reasonable." I said. Jack looked at his watch given by the Royal Staff. "Oh! It's time for your garden activities. What do you want to do?" I thought of what I wanted to do. "How about play?" He suggested. "In this gown? Now that's what you call impossible." I told him. "It's not! I think it's fun when you're in a gown, playing." He said.

"Easy for you to say. You've never worn a gown!"

"That's because I'm a man."

I chuckled. "What shall we play?" I asked him. He grinned. "Em and I always play this when I have the time." He said. "What is it?" I asked. He closed his eyes. "1...2...3...4...5..." I'm pretty confused now. "W-what are you counting for?!" I asked him. "If you don't hide by the count of ten and I find you, you got to be the one to do the hunting next!" He exclaimed. He continued counting. I decided to scurry in my big gown over to the garden maze. I stayed there for a long time. "Ready or not, here I come princess!" He exclaimed. I stood there, hiding and also chuckling. Seems like he hasn't found me yet. Maybe this is a prank?

"You're too obvious. You're it."

"What I'm it?"

Jack laughed. "You don't seem to get the game's objective. You hide, I find you. And when I do, I have to say...'you're it.' And then I'll have to hide, then you hunt for me by the count of ten! If you still don't get it, let's try other activities." He said. "No! I definitely get it! I want to play this game." I insisted. "Okay, now that you're it, you have to count ten and find me." He explained and I nodded. "Cover your eyes!" He exclaimed and I did what he said. "Now count!" His voice was distant when he said that. I started counting out loud. When I was done, I had to say what he said. "Jack, I'm coming over where you are at!" I exclaimed. I stepped further into the maze, and was looking for Jack. But it was as if I got lost myself. I tried to find a way out, but it got worse.

"Jack! I'm lost!"

No one seemed to respond back. What am I gonna do?! I'm lost and, I don't know the way out! Silly garden maze! These are huge grass walls. I can't see where I am already. I sat down, waiting to be rescued.

~~

The sky is getting darker, and no one's found me yet. What did I do wrong? Is Jack teasing me so I can change my mind and he'll surprise me later on? That's mean of him. I started crying. And in an unfortunate time, it also rained hard. "Rapunzel!" I heard Jack calling my name. "Jack...?" I mumbled and shouted his name too. "Where are you?" He asked me. "I don't know!" I respond back. I know he's getting nearer because his voice was easily heard. Surprisingly, he came towards me, soaking wet. "What did you do to get lost here?" He asked me. "You're it." I said with a smile. He laughed.

"I'm the one who found you instead."

"Yeah..."

He removed his jacket and lent it to me. "I don't want that, it's wet too. What sense would it make?" I said. "But you'll get a cold." He said pitifully. "FIne. And you didn't even brought an umbrella with you." He smiled and scratched his head."It was too sudden. You didn't find me for 15 minutes and I felt like something was up. Then it started raining." Jack said and I was so embarrassed. "What now?" I asked him. "Let's go to that tent." He said and we started running for the cover. It's so cold. I rubbed my shoulders at the same time so there would be heat produced.

"Are you cold Jack?"

"N-no."

He's lying. He's shivering. Without anything in here to cover him up, I had something in mind to do. Although he won't like it. "W-what are you doing?!" Jack exclaimed. "I'm hugging you. Body heat is indeed effective. We're benefitting each other with hugs." I told him. Yes, I am hugging him. My mother hugs me when I was a child whenever I feel cold. So, there we were hugging each other. "We should wait till this rain stops." Jack said. I pushed away from him.

"You're feeling too comfortable!"

"No, would you like to walk in the rain all the way to the garden exit?"

I shook my head. "At least call in your radio for help!" I exclaimed. "It's not working. They didn't give me batteries for it." I face-palmed. "So, we have to stay here huh?" He nodded. We were awkward until the rain stopped. We dried off, and I took a bath soon after. I wanted to paint now I guess. But after moments outside, it's not bad to be with him after all.

———————

Hope you like that new chapter! :DDD